By bballer4_life - 14/12/2016 23:22 - United States - Erie

Today, I made dozens of cookies just in time for Christmas. When I went to take out the last pan from the oven, I slipped. In a desperate attempt to catch the pan I grabbed it with my bare hand. My hand is striped like a candy cane. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 892
You deserved it 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cootiequeen4444 11

candy cane hands through excruciating burns? shrug to those who question and say "just being hardcore for the holidays. idk"

Comments

Reflexes are fun, aren't they? It's probably a bit late for this, but one trick I learned is that if you put some honey on a burn right after it happens, it helps keep it from blistering. It sounds odd, I know, but one of the cooks at my former workplace did that when I spilt hot soup on my hand once, and I didn't get a single blister. Helped keep a little of the pain off, too!

Not just any honey will work. You want the medicinal honey. They actually sell a gel. Medicinal honey is what the burn clinic prescribed to try to get my hand to heal. It didn't work completely, but it did some. On a minor burn it would work quite well.

I guess the honey she used was medicinal, then. That or the burn was never that bad to begin with. It did help, though. So I suppose either way, it works.

Now your hands look festive, very cheap and environmental friendly Christmas decorations?

That sucks, but at least you didn't do like me and pull a casserole just taken out of the oven to your chest. Compounded by the fact that I was just wearing a bra, no shirt. The doctor had a hard time keeping a straight face, and all the women at work insisted I show them how bad the burn was.

xbaconator9000x 16

"Just in time for Christmas" Are you sure, OP?

cootiequeen4444 11

candy cane hands through excruciating burns? shrug to those who question and say "just being hardcore for the holidays. idk"