By The_Life - 12/10/2016 13:26 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I'm staying at my boyfriend's house and things were getting heated when he got a call from one of his mates wanting to play Counter Strike. Next thing I know, I'm laying in bed by myself listening to him rage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 057
You deserved it 1 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time, proceed until things get heated. But just as he's about to jump on you, grab a bowl of ice-cream and start watching Netflix... And that's how you counter strike.

Ah, yes, the ever-confusing FML in which somebody gives their girlfriend blue ovaries to play a game… it's nice to see you again.

Comments

Sometimes his happens with my boyfriend, so i take my laptop and play with them. It doesn't fix the sexual frustration part. But at least you can still have fun with your boyfriend. Unless he does this too often, then it's something you guys should talk about.

Well at least you know your boyfriend's interests. I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that you should give it a try if you want to spend time with him, while also asking him to try something you're interested in that he might not normally want to do.

Agree that occasionally participating in your SO's hobbies (even if you don't particularly like them) is a neat idea. Devil's advocate to your devil's advocate though. If he's a PC gamer, it's a little harder for her to casually participate since she'd need a gaming computer and not everyone is willing to invest that much money into something they don't personally enjoy. So if CS is his game of choice and OP already knows she's not into gaming, playing together might be difficult to do (unless the BF has a spare PC or something).

But if she's not willing to participate in his hobbies then she can't exactly ask him to participate in hers.

Lol, I guess it depends. It isn't that she isn't willing to join, but more that she can't afford to. So if she enjoys free activities (ie: watching documentaries) it'd seem a little petty for her bf to turn around and essentially say he won't even watch shows with her unless she shells out 400$ on a PC first. But if her hobby is something like alpine skiing trips, then I guess that's fair. Alternatively, maybe he'd be willing to download some other PC game she can simply plug a controller in (15$) to join. My point is more if he's really an online CS type of guy, it doesn't make sense to expect the gf to spend upwards of half a grand on something she doesn't personally enjoy. It'd make sense for him to just pick another hobby to share.

And this doesn't even take into account his rage. Some ragers are pretty chill, but others can make playing co-op unpleasant. So I guess my devil's advocate is....I agree it's ideal for her to try CS with him occasionally, but there's several possible reasons why that may not be realistic.

If she can't afford a computer then he could always let her play on his and just watch/teach her.

Oh yeah for sure! I do that with my BF all the time, and it's lots of fun. It's just if he ever actually feels like playing CS online (like in the post) while she's around, she won't be able to simply join him and play together without her own >400$ PC. So he'd essentially have to ditch her when she took the time to visit him, which may or may not be the FML issue (IF he does this a lot).

Based on the raging I doubt he would actually want to play with her to begin with. Granted, when I'm playing with my friends who aren't as good as me I'm spending too much time laughing at them and ribbing them to get angry. Also we don't know how often she visits him (it could be a long distance relationship), and this particular instance could have been a special circumstance that prompted him to ditch her.

Yeah, was thinking the same about the raging. Many get too frustrated with noob players. Or maybe they wouldn't rage at their SO, but they get scary-lvl rage at other players. My friend's ex wouldn't play with her (both gamers) precisely because he didn't want her to see him rage. But anyways, I agree that more context would determine whether the FML is that he was rude and neglected her, or more of just a "dang, this sucks a little, but is kinda funny" situation.

I generally can't stand noob players, except when they're my friends. When I was playing Heroes of the Storm with a friend who was pretty bad, I accidentally queued us for a PvP game. Naturally with moba players being as toxic as they are, the rest of the team was pretty upset at them, but honestly I found it too hilarious to be mad. Also we still won so I guess that didn't hurt.

Probably the people who make six figures playing it, and the people who want to.

The almost 10 millions unique players per month?

I'm not sure if this is a bad joke from a non-gamer or a bad joke from a Rainbow Six Siege player.

If he wasn't that much into it, but you were, he still isn't obligated to have sex with you, like you wouldn't if you suddenly had a headache. It sucks, but you can't be mad at him for practicing his right to say 'no' at any stage.. that would be hypocritical

It's not so much that he stopped having sex with her but rather that he basically ditched her to do something with somebody else. She's his guest and he's ignoring her. It's like if he invited her out to dinner and she spent whole time texting a friend. That's just plain rude.

If he'd said he wasn't up for it after all, that would be one thing. But he apparently was all good to go until his friends called and then he ditched her. What he did is just rude.

counter strike totally does blow, its all choke points and memorization of when exactly someone should run through said choke point. play insurgency instead, less choke points, way more fun, and it still has that counter strike feel to it.

thats your opinion ive played insurgency and it was t all that great, granted i dont play csgo as much as i used too but csgo is alot more fun imo

This is when you go on your world of warcraft account and start running dungeons. Just saying

Had something similar happen to me, except it was a phone call about Star Trek....3 DAYS later he called to ask where I went. I don't know what ever happened to him.

Rocklegend_16 15

I could see my boyfriend doing this tbh