By socargone - 17/01/2017 22:00

Today, I'm so bad at parking that I saw the guy next to me openly cringe as I pulled into a spot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 391
You deserved it 1 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Practice makes perfect! Try honing your skills in a quiet or empty parking lot for regular/reverse parking and a quiet residential street for parallel parking. For parallel parking pick a car with plenty of room behind it (don't pick a space between two cars until you are fully confident you can park in only a few movements). The first step is knowing you need improvement so you're already part of the way there!

yahuie 4

I'm 15 and I'm so scared I'm gonna be bad at driving.

Comments

yahuie 4

I'm 15 and I'm so scared I'm gonna be bad at driving.

Its not hard, you have to think about everything at first but you quickly learn to do things without thinking about it. Start off with a few hours of parking lot driving then slow roads and work your way up.

Everybody is bad at driving when they first start. But practice really does make perfect, and if you keep your eyes on the road, don't drive under the influence, and make responsible decisions, you'll be just fine.

I've been sixteen for months now but just recently got my license. The scariest thing for me when I was going to drive was parking. But after doing it just a few times I feel so much better about it. The test is really easy btw. Just stay confident and don't think of the worst.

<p>Don't be! Practice makes perfect and as long as you stay focused, you will be ok. Don't let your nerves get to you. I was scared at first (the instructor took me to a busy street not even 5 minutes after I got behind the wheel and made me drive through busy construction sites), but after awhile, it became fun! BUT most important of all, do not let others intimidate you.&nbsp;The worst that can happen is thinking everyone out there is judging you and letting them get their way of pushing you o

Practice makes perfect! Try honing your skills in a quiet or empty parking lot for regular/reverse parking and a quiet residential street for parallel parking. For parallel parking pick a car with plenty of room behind it (don't pick a space between two cars until you are fully confident you can park in only a few movements). The first step is knowing you need improvement so you're already part of the way there!

I don't think it was your parking that made him cringe.

By parking in a spot I assume you mean bay parking. There are two easy ways to do it. Either steer to a 45 degree angle away from the spot when you are passing it and reverse in. Or, alternatively, drive past the bay until your wing mirror is in line with the first line (on the road) that marks the second bay after the one you want to park in, then turn your steering wheel either full lock left or right and reverse into the bay.

I don't know. At what point you have to turn your wheel and how far you have to turn it can vary so much depending on the size, shape, and turning radius of the individual car. Not to mention that not all parking lots are the same in terms of lane width and spot width. I've found tips and tricks can't substitute for lots of practice. You've just got to get a feel for the car you're driving.

Whatever you do, try not to park like an asshole, don't be ashamed to back out and pull back in straighter, you'll get the hang of it!

You can always correct yourself. If you're not satisfied with the way you park, back out/move forward and try again.

<p>Or drive away in tears. We all have our methods.&nbsp;</p>

Where can we see the comments? I can't seem to find them.

flakawaka 0

Well, get better at driving or give no fawkes

player69badboy 0

Lots of chicks are shit drivers

Every one of your comments is negative. No one wants to hear your bullshit.