By Nucléotide - 28/07/2008 09:37 - France

Today, I'm looking after three little girls, aged 3, 5 and 7 years old. We're watching Bambi, and when the mom dies, my eyes tear up. The girls', not so much. They climb on my knees, telling me that it's just a cartoon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 582
You deserved it 109

Comments

ItsAnanya 25

I haven't watched Bambi and surprisingly enough I never knew any "spoilers." I suppose now I do. Thanks, OP.

Don't blame OP, the movie is older than you. You've had every opportunity to see it by now.

Chandler from Friends: "Yes it was very sad when the man stopped drawing the deer."

Kill their mother and see how they feel

I think that's very sweet. If they were trying to console you, anyway. You know, I grew up with these Disney movies and never cried over Bambi's mom or Mufasa or any of the other sad deaths until I was older. I think I was just too young to really feel it. As a kid, I had never lost anyone close to me or suffered through the feelings those animated characters do so I couldn't relate. I think a lot of us develop these stronger feelings as we get older and react to things that didn't bother us as kids. I get weepy over movies a lot more often as an adult. Even Jurassic Park can bring me to tears when they first see the dinosaurs because I'll never get to see a living dinosaur, but as a kid, I just thought it was awesome.

oh crap this comment is going to end before I finis

Those kids must be the spawn of Satan. Run fast OP. Never stop. Just run.