By thegoldenboy3 - 12/02/2009 12:14 - Spain

Spicy
Today, I'm in Spain, and told the kids with whom I will be working that I was excited to be working with them. Only the form of excitement I used apparently refers to sexual excitement. Basically, I told the kids I was sexually aroused to be working with them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 260
You deserved it 14 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yes, english speakers use "excited" to say they are happy with something. In latin languages such as spanish and portuguese to be excited is to be sexually aroused with something.

I did the same thing in my German class! I said I was "excited" to travel that summer in a paper, and my professor had me correct it in front of the entire class. Apparently most other languages use the verb "to excite" in that way. Heh.

Comments

oh most definitely. the hot chick in the front with the braces and thick glasses, i got her number. her name's chelsea.

The Golden Boy 3 has been trying to get intimate with kids for years now

waitingforfriday 0

A very similar thing happened to a kid in my spanish class. He said he was 'exicando para este examen", thus informing the class of his sexual excitement to be taking a test.

Argh_fml 0

Nice. I once said "where can I get a train here?" in Spanish when I was in Mexico, but the verb "to get" in Spain means "to have sex with" in South America.

Corilof 0

#2, who the hell told you that? Je suis excité doesn't have to be sexual at all.

"Yes, english speakers use "excited" to say they are happy with something. In latin languages such as spanish and portuguese to be excited is to be sexually aroused with something. " #3 - 02/12/2009 at 10:25am by borba7 Actually... No we dont.. I guess i would know, after all i am portuguese =) It's the same as in english i guess.. Depens a lot of context and the mind of who you tell it to lol.. I do say i'm excited about something regarding school or something else aside sex.. It CAN be sex... Has a couple of meanings.... #2, who the hell told you that? Je suis excité doesn't have to be sexual at all. same thing as in Pt =)

#32 i dont know about portugal, but in spain "excitado" is used with a sexual content, if you want to say your happy about something in spain you say: " estoy contento/ feliz" but never " estoy excitado.." or people will look at you as if you were a pervert... lol