By Anonymous - 13/10/2009 15:53 - United States

Today, I locked my keys in my car. My spare keys are 45 minutes away in my dorm room. My dorm room keys are attached to my car keys locked in my car. Security said they would let me in as long as I had my school ID. It's on my keychain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 097
You deserved it 7 680

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Before I lock the front door when I leave the house I check my pocket to make sure my house keys are in my pocket. I don't have a car but I would do the same with a car. I would think others would have the same habits...

Sun_Kissed18 25

Well aren't you in a pickle :)

ChronicFAIL 0

Wow. You should borrow my nick seeing as how your Fail Train never stops chuggin

Get a lock smith or a freakin rock, dude...

Could've just written "Today, I am still a retard. FML" For a start you dont have your car keys and your other keys on the same keyring/whatever you use. Furthermore, you definitely don't keep anything with your keys to houses, apartments etc that will easily tell a potential thief who you are. "Hi, you have my keys and I live at this place"? Please...

You're right, #19, because we should all be paranoid, neurotic freaks like you. What, do you keep each separate key in a different compartment or pocket at all times in case someone robs you? Please, grow up. Having keys on the same chain or ring is convenient, it's something normal people do. Shit happens, everyone forgets stuff, stupid or genius, it happens to everyone. Grow up and cut the epeen, you ****. Nobody deserves something this inconvenient. OP, that sucks. Normally I'm not one for breaking shit in a furious rage, but this might just help you feel better. Bonus points if you get pissed enough to break your own window, and then problem solved! Just a few hundred dollars in repairs... Oh well. My sympathies.

Are you ******* retarded? You don't put heavy stuff on your car key ring, because it ***** with your ignition. Everyone with a car should know this and if they don't... Then they are retarded and that's that.

#19 is completely correct. I don't know who on earth taught you how to use a keychain, #21, but they obviously didn't do a very good job of it. Everyone I have ever known over the age of 15 knows better than to keep everything on one keychain. That's the first thing I was taught in driver's ed class, even! You ALWAYS keep your house and car keys separate. ALWAYS. Thus, if someone steals your house keys, they don't have access to your car. Likewise, if your car keys are stolen, the car thief has no easy access to your residence. You never ever EVER keep any form of personal identification on any keychain. Keep those things in your wallet or somewhere else on your person. That's just common sense (something you seem to be sorely lacking). You never overload your keychains. This can and will **** up your car's ignition the same way putting a weight onto the outlet plug on your laptop will **** up your laptop computer. It loosens everything up and makes the electrical connection between plug (or key) and device more difficult. And besides that, you'll have a huge sagging bulge in your pants when you pocket the keychain. So fail, fail, fail again, and have a nice day...retard.

Uh... Since when is an ID card and a key or two heavy? Maybe for a skinny little **** like you, yeah, but for the rest of us who aren't dopey twats, having a few keys and a student ID or something on a keyring isn't exactly "heavy" you idiot. What is it, an ounce or two at most? Oh no, my ignition can't handle the force of less than quarter of a pound, even though the majority of that already miniscule weight would be inside the ignition already, you dumbfuck. It's physics, learn some and then do us all a favor and go choke.

And if you hold onto your shit... Then there's no need to worry about having things stolen, is there? Sure, go out of your way to keep things separate instead of having the common sense to keep them all on your person. Don't get robbed, hold onto your shit and then it's not that big of a deal is it? Idiot. You're paranoid.

I am really wondering where these people who keep everything sepertate are planning on keeping all this stuff.

Oh yes, since you obviously know if I'm skinny or not by the comment I post. Idiot. I'm talking about heavy keychains, you dolt. The ones loaded down with two copies of the house key, at least two car keys, and about twenty to fifty dorky miniature key chains. OBVIOUSLY a keychain with only a few articles on it wouldn't be heavy enough to damage your ignition. I'm talking about the keychains with everything but the kitchen sink hanging off them. Learn to read between the lines of a comment, please and thank you. A good percentage of the adult population knows that it's a wise idea to keep the house and car keys separate, what part of that didn't you quite understand? Oh, that's right, you're not an adult yet, so you're still thinking with your ass and crotch instead of your brain. And yes, obviously holding onto your things will always prevent you from being beaten and mugged, right? Because there's no way a person would dare mace you, beat you about the head, or otherwise incapacitate you in order to take possession of your keys and wallet. Honestly, did you even graduate preschool? Where the hell are your critical thinking and reasoning skills???

That's simple enough, sarah_berah. You keep one key ring in one pocket, and the other key ring in another pocket. It's only two keychains, after all. I've been doing it for years and really don't think it's too trying or difficult. Besides that, I'm never fumbling around on a single key ring to find the key to my front door or my car, I already know exactly which one I need by which pocket I'll be fishing into. Organization and personal security. Can't get any better than that.

Until someone mugs you, and takes your shit from both pockets, idiot. You think keeping them separate will stop anyone resorting to the measures you pointed out? And it's difficult to read in between the lines when you say "heavy keychains screw up your ignition" in a thread about keeping two keys separate. Dumbass. Either you were implying 2 keys are heavy or you're just horribly off topic, which makes you a lot more stupid than I could ever be, even if I were to suffer brain damage. And if you're a responsible, normal person, you shouldn't have much trouble keeping track of your shit when it's on one key ring. Since when do you speak for "most of the adult population?" Please. If you're such a smart, knowledgable adult, why are you posting on FML? Go do something with your invaluable time, oh wise sage. I hope someone robs you and takes all your 20 keychains. It'll serve your pompous ass right. Go choke.

i have never met anyone in my life with more than 1 keychain. ****** weirdos

#48 ... Having all your keys on one keyring doesn't = heavy. I have all my keys on one key chain. That's a grand total of 3 keys. As for having "The ones loaded down with two copies of the house key, at least two car keys, and about twenty to fifty dorky miniature key chains" ... no one has multiple copies of the same key on a keyring. The point of 'spares' is to leave them not on your person. They're a back up for if you lose the first set.

I keep car keys, house keys, and ID separate. But I'll bunch up my house keys with other keys. like NothingToGein says, mistakes happen and you may get things stolen or dropped even if you're one badass MF like him. So, keep em separate. Also, an ignition is often pretty sensitive to that stuff. House keys+car keys is alright, but seriously who has only 2 keys?

Choke on what, exactly, #65, your TicTac and Nerds? I wouldn't want to choke on anything of yours, I'm not into pedophilia. I doubt anyone has only two keys (house and car). I have my car key and the garage key on one key ring, and my house key, storage locker key, key to my mother's house, one CVS ExtraCare savings card, and a smiley face charm on my other keychain. Trust me, when you have multiple keys, organization helps. Yes, I think I can safely speak for a good portion of the adult population....as well as any driver over the age of 16 who has taken a decent drivers' education course or who has a few ounces of common sense. A word about muggers: they're usually looking for a quick nab-and-run. They won't search all your pockets, they'll just go for the one that looks like it would be holding your wallet (or in the case of women, they'll just make off with the purse itself). Keeping your keys separate, and your keys separate from your wallet, lessens the chances of all three being stolen at one go. You've obviously never been mugged, have you, oh master of tough toughness? I hope you are mugged one day, maybe a baseball bat to the back of the head will jostle some of your dying brain cells back to attention. Oh, and I'm posting on FML because I love laughing at the violent reactions of pubescent little ***** like you. It gives me a few much needed laughs after I get out of my classes for the day. If you have a problem with the age of people who use the internet (a worldwide resource open to anyone with a computer), I suggest you complain to your mother, maybe she'll actually be the one to give a ****, because I sure don't!

Apparently you're under the impression that I'm under the age of 17, since you mentioned pedophelia. Good job, only you're completely wrong, you dolt. So keeping all your shit separate helps with organization? Make some sense please. The only valid point you make is knocking my driver's ed course, yeah, it did suck, but that has no reflection on me as a person or my common sense. So you speak for most of the adult population, huh? Since when are 21 year old bisexual girls the majority of the adult population? You even say in your profile you're weird and different, so please, shut the **** up. Nobody else has the same mentality as you, or they'd be agreeing with you, you dumbass. And since when do you know a lot about muggers? Yeah, I forgot, you're just so knowledgable that you know everything under the sun, including mugging habbits, when you've probably never been robbed in the first place. As for your assumption that I haven't been, good job pretending to know something about me, wrong again. Idiot. You hope I'm mugged? Via baseball bat? Alright criminal, I hope I see your ass on the news someday, I will laugh myself stupid. Enjoy the jail time that comes with that attitude. So you're such a hard worker, with your CLASSES, oh, God forbid you have to get an education, like, oh I don't know, the rest of the world? You're still in college, bitch, so quit acting so high and mighty, you're not better than anyone else, younger or older, and you never will be if you keep up your stupid elitist mentality. Do something constructive if your classes are that draining on you, you stupid bitch, and quit trying to rag on people online. Oh, and penis jokes were funny, but then I turned 12. Please, your shit is weak. The best part is, you think you're actually proving something. Pathetic.

You ARE seventeen, you idiot. I checked your profile. The last time I figured, seventeen doesn't qualify as an adult, it qualifies as a teenager (and legally speaking, as a child). Nobody agrees with me? Really? Take a look at this entire page and there are quite a few people pointing out the original facts I've previously stated. So me being a female bisexual with certain religious views figures into this conversation....how? Yeah, stay on topic, please. I've been mugged twice. The first time they got away with my purse, which thank God, only contained my library card, house key, and a few mints (no big deal, just change the main locks on the house). The second time they stole my car key (and my car), but ditched it a few blocks later. My car was soon returned by the proper authorities. Both times the thief didn't stick around to chitchat and figure out where other bits of my information were, they struck and then ran like hell. Yes, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, since I've been a victim twice *sarcasm*. College isn't a requirement, kid. Here in the States, higher education is OPTIONAL. So I don't "have" to go to school "like everyone else", I CHOOSE to. And AGAIN, that doesn't figure into the original argument at all. It's just another jab at my personal life. I may not be better than "everyone", honey, but I'm sure as hell better than YOU. Accept it, get over it, get on with your life. So please, let me pull down my pants so you can get on your knees and give my left buttock a nice, big, juicy smooch. Anyways, I've stated my points (you're a moron, and people should never keep all of their important keys and identification in one place), so I'm going to go troll another FML. Thanks for rising to the bait so wonderfully, I feasted on your anger. The Troll Iz So Full Of Nommy Troll-Fuud Nao!

Check the birthdate, you stupid bitch, I'm 18. July 2, 1991? Yeah, good one though. I don't really think I need to say anything else, aside from the fact that if you actually took the time to think about what I was saying, you'd realize my "shots at your personal life" are actually valid arguements. Good job though, it's way easier to ignore something someone says and pretend it doesn't make sense. I'm not going to bother to re-explain them to you, just go back and re-read them, and actually think this time, dumb shit. You've been mugged twice? Damn, tell someone who cares. Tough shit. Again, about the higher education? You're the one who brought it up in the first place, idiot. You're so incomprehensibly stupid, it makes me sad to think that you'll be providing a service or product to someone in a few years, and being paid to do it. Better than me? AHAHA! Well if that's what keeps the razorblade away from your wrists, then cool. Keep telling yourself that, ****. I hope the mugger punched you in the ovaries hard enough to stop you from ever producing another ignorant shit like you. People like you shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Please kill yourself.

daisyyy 0

Okay so here's my issue.... and before anyone has the opportunity to say "Well..you're doing the same thing" or some variation of that, I'm quite aware, thank you. But you all are attacking a complete stranger who had a shitty day. Who cares how or why it happened. It happened. Has our country (I can only speak for America, as I am an American and have yet to leave this country) become so superficial and hateful that all we can do is sit around and waste our time bashing complete strangers? It's pathetic... And I will be the first to admit that I am not the nicest person in the world and I do talk negatively about people, but I DO NOT put it on blast like some of you have. And the worst part is, you're judging a stranger who you know NOTHING about. I can almost guarantee that if any of these things happened to you personally, most of you would shit a brick and think the world was coming to an end. Punctuation and Grammar? Is that honestly a good way to judge a stranger? Yes, I do know how important it is to me and obviously some of you-- But some people haven't been given the opportunities to know correct punctuation and grammar. So, please America, France, Poland...wherever... grow the **** up and stop being so judgmental. Take 5 seconds out of your hate filled lives to THINK. Just ******* THINK. Use your brains! Stop wasting your time getting in arguments on fmylife. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before you start attacking another person, look in the mirror. No matter how perfect you think you are-- you aren't. And as for the people on here who do know how imperfect they are and STILL bash on people; overcompensating for short-comings is also pathetic.

sea_aye_elle 0
lheyra 0

i was thinking the same thing #47. college life involves enough walking around and back-tracking as it is. I cant imagine running back to my dorm to change keys because I went to the gym (and had to get my locker key), then got hungry so left to go across campus back to my (to get my car key) so i can drive to a store. For the sake of convience most sudents do carry all their keys on the same ring. Also, where did people get the idea the ring was heavy? The dorm key, car key, and ID are the only things mentioned to be on the key ring.

looks at the long debate posts and skips them :x