By Anonymous - 09/08/2013 14:22 - Canada - Langley

Today, I let my son take my car out for a spin, since he just got his licence. He didn't make it out of our street before totaling it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 412
You deserved it 15 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And this is why auto insurance rates for teenagers are so much higher than for adults. Because, in general, they're idiots.

imtooshy 18

I hope he at least isn't hurt?! Sorry OP, you can always replace a car.

Comments

He literally did go out for a spin. Hope he is ok

And now i'm inclined to ask how he got his license, assuming he had taken his driving lessons, classes and test and eventually suceed on then, I think thats very very unlikely given the fact that new drivers are more careful and fear to do anything wrong and all

Well, since he's a teenager, he thought nothing would happen if he drove like an ass. He had to have been holding back while driving with his parents and instructors because he would get reprimanded, possibly grounded, and fail his test. New drivers are NOT always careful, because a license gives a teen a new sense of freedom, which most are likely to abuse.

A lot of idiots manage to pass their road tests. Just because you passed doesn't mean you're really good at it.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Im curious how that's possible

Licence to kill it seems. I hope he's okay and no one is hurt.

wow he just got his license and you trusted him to take the car out by his self... not smart on your part.

TheDrifter 23

He had a license, he should have been able to be trusted to drive, that's the point of the licensing process. I for one started driving to school and work the day I got my license, all those years ago.

I bet he felt invincible with that newly-earned license. stupid.

Your kid seems like the total package.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Kinda makes you wonder how he even got his license.

Axel5238 29

Depends on the drivers test. In NY the test is very difficult and strict. Here in NJ the license test is done on a course at the dmv. He may have had the "required" hours to go for his license, but no where near enough actual on road experience. I don't know if the drivers test differs that wildly up in Canada, but it is possible.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Thanks for the fyi. Each state has different rules and regulations.

It seems that everyone is blaming OP or the son. It was most likely neither of their faults. The first time I drove by myself after getting my liscenes some idiot ran full speed past a stop sign without stopping. If i didn't stop in time this would have been me. I can see how it may not have been either of your faults OP and I hope your son is ok.