By Hiimhaileypotter - 14/07/2014 22:48 - United States - Fredericksburg

Today, I left the house I'm staying at, not knowing that thunderstorms were forecast. I came back from work to find dog shit splattered all over the kitchen. Apparently the dogs I'm watching don't like thunder. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 312
You deserved it 5 173

Hiimhaileypotter tells us more.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#12- They stay in the kitchen when I'm gone (I was at work), and the FML is really that I forgot thunderstorms were in the forecast. I was supposed to have turned on the stove fan to help mask the sound, but I forgot. :( Lol. It's not really a huge deal. Just a minor inconvenience!

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Everyone needs a thunder buddy man, everyone.

I would assume it'd happen regardless. It's not like you could have taken the dog out in that storm to do its business. If anything, you couldn't taken it to the bathroom if you knew, but it'd still be a mess. That sucks, though, and poor dog :/

Comments

sleepyhead978 4

How were you watching the dogs if you left them in the house alone?

You don't have to watch them 24/7. Nipping out should be fine

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#12- They stay in the kitchen when I'm gone (I was at work), and the FML is really that I forgot thunderstorms were in the forecast. I was supposed to have turned on the stove fan to help mask the sound, but I forgot. :( Lol. It's not really a huge deal. Just a minor inconvenience!

JMichael 25

can't imagine cleaning it up was fun tho

asnakelovinbabe 16

Look up thunder shirts. They are a thing that a dog wears that produces like a gentle hugging gentle pressure which for some reason calms a dog's nerves down. I managed a pet supply place for 7 years, and I thought it was total baloney, until my customers started swearing by them and coming back for more of them. They don't work for every single dog but I was amazed at how well they DID work.

Also, I've never met a dog that has particularly actually LIKED thunder. It kind of goes without saying that dogs generally do not like thunder (though I myself don't mind it), especially since you have never been in a thunderstorm with them.

I have a super tiny dog who is scared of, and growls/barks at everything. He is scared of brooms, measuring tapes, the fly swatter, a hockey stick, the vacuum... but there can be a huge thunderstorm going on and he doesn't even flinch! It's the weirdest thing. I too have never known of a dog that wasn't scared of thunderstorms; other than mine. Crazy little guy.

DisGirll 8

My dog loves thunderstorms. She plays in the rain.

My dog is afraid of nothing that we have discovered. She loves watching storms and fireworks and even gets so curious about loud power tools that she tries to lick them!

This made me laugh. For that I thank you.

threer 30

Heyyyyyy. I moderated this lil gem.

I've had the same happen to me, not a fun clean up :/

For a second I thought you meant you crapped yourself when there was a thunderstorm and was like "what the heck"...then I realized what you meant. *idiot* :)

It's because dogs have a high sense of hearing for example fireworks us humans don't think they are loud because we can't hear as good as dogs on the other hand dogs could hear the fireworks as if a bomb was denoted right in front of them

My dogs are the same. Scared stuff if thunder and lightning. Slightest rumble, and a big shit is made!