By Anonymous - 12/06/2013 16:47 - United States - Trenton

Today, I left my dog in the car while I quickly ran into a store. I came out to a woman smashing at my window, screaming that it was too hot in the car for the dog and saying I was being inhumane. The car was still running and the air conditioning was on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 703
You deserved it 9 083

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fieldhockeygal97 19

Sue her for damages and call the police!

Greatesteever 1

Lol she really thought she was saving the dog.

Comments

FMLs like this make me lose faith in humanity.

If you lose faith in humanity that quickly, and over something so trival. Guess what?! Your part of the ******* problem. So stop your bitch ass whining

Wait, it's my fault this woman was a crazy bitch?

Ok, so I agreed with 133 for the first sentence, then they lost me. People say "made me lose faith in humanity" over everything. Being realistic, I've never had faith in humanity. We're a bunch of self centered jerks.

rg350dx 29

I have a dog who I take practically everywhere with me. I leave her at home for shopping trips quick or not because of that very reason.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SkyGuy32 17

Maybe it being illegal makes it more of an FML because OP wouldn't be able Rosie for damages...

I hope you lot realise this guy's just validating the law, he hasn't said he agrees with it. Think you a little about before you go throwing around down votes, you could get someone in the eye.

Illegal != immoral Regardless of the law, the woman was not a law enforcement officer and had no right to do this. If it was illegal, someone who has a job upholding the law could be there quickly if she reported it instead of breaking a ******* window without taking notice of the fact that the vehicle was running.

I dunno I've been hearing rumors if a dog is locked in a car for a long time on a really hot day you're allowed to bust the window and take the dog out. o.O

slickchrome 11

it's also illegal to smash in car windows. she could have called the cops if this leaving ur dog in the car law is true. I work at a store, its gets up to 120 degrees here and this lady came in and told me someone left their dog in a car. i just paged the owner of the car and told him I was going call animal control if he didn't get him. theres other ways to deal with this situation then going all "baby mama that wants her child support" on someone's car

Hey now all you negative nellies who love down voting I'm just saying what I heard not that its true nor if I do or do not agree with it.

Sounds like one of those "animal experts" that troll on YouTube crying abuse at a video of a dog farting.

Why would you leave your keys in an unattended car?

TheDrifter 23

Remote start. Close and lock the doors, hit the button and voila, running car with no keys in it.

ginawater19 13

And.. Who the hell cares. It's the same as leaving your keys in a car that's not running. If someone steals your car.. You're going to find it. End of story.

SkyGuy32 17

Or OP could have an older car. My dad's car is broken to where he can drive with the key out.

THANK YOU! I was hoping someone else was wondering that too!

A lot of cars have remote locks, so you can leave your keys but keep the fob on you to lock the doors. My mother has to do that because her key is stuck in the ignition and she doesn't have the money to get that fixed.

IT_Nird95 9

New cars that have remote keyless ignitions can be started and then you can get out with the key fob and lock the doors.

Even if you don't have a fob, it's pretty easy to get a second key made and put it on an easily detachable part of your keychain...

SkyGuy32 17

Also people aren't very likely to steal a car that has a dog in it.

The fact of the matter is she was probably trying to rob you of your car and everything in it. When she saw you she probably made an excuse. That or she's REALLY psychopathic... actually it wouldn't surprise me anymore. I really hate people...

Umm, your dog is supposed to protect your stuff from strangers - by attacking them or making noise. So why would someone break into car when there's dog inside?

Maybe it's not a particularly aggressive or threatening breed? I've never heard I've anyone being seriously injured by a chihuahua.

SystemofaBlink41 27

My scratched legs think differently...

There aren't aggressive breeds, just aggressive dogs.

This all depends on location I live in Arizona and if you leave anything alive in a vehicle you're pretty much screwed whether it's running or not.

She should atleast have waited for a while

Axel5238 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

which is why she should have minded her own business.

When you're standing right next to a car with its engine running, it's very, very obvious. This lady was an idiot who didn't stop to think before acting.

Here's how a sane individuals thought process goes: oh, there's a dog in that car *walks over to car to see what's up* oh, the dog isn't panting and the car is OBVIOUSLY ON. *puts hand on window* oh, its cooler than the outside temp... the ac is on OR if its one of those really quiet cars that you can't tell if its on: oh, there's a dog in that car *walks over to see what's up* oh, the dog isn't panting, but I can't tell if the car is on *puts hand on window* oh, its cooler than the outside temp... the ac is on

She didn't even bother to see if the car was on...don't bother taking her to court...light her ******* car on fire