By BatIntoHell - 28/07/2017 03:21 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, I learned that there's a colony of bats living inside my walls. The devices to prevent them from reentering are angering those remaining inside, and now I can hear them scuttling and screeching in almost every wall and ceiling in my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 613
You deserved it 495

Otterbot tells us more.

Otterbot 3

OP here, didn't have an account so I made one to comment! The devices that were installed are like one-way doors, so the bats can leave but not get back in. This meant the ones still in the walls got distressed when the ones outside didn't return. They're classed as "wildlife" meaning they can't be exterminated, so this is one of the easiest, non-lethal solutions to getting them out. It's been about a week, and the wall-scuttling has calmed down as they filter out, but it was like living in a haunted house the first few nights. Plus, over the course of the week 7 bats got to the interior of the house through vents (yeesh.) We caught those safely and returned them outside, but waking up in the middle of the night to a bat in your bedroom is not an alarm I'd recommend.

Top comments

GoogieWithers 22

Sounds like they are trapped by the devices, try turning them off near dusk so the bats will leave for hunting and turn them back on again as soon as no more bats leave.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

I'm 90% sure that's not how batwonam works

Comments

You probably should get an exterminator and move out temporarily. Also the poop is toxic so the place needs to be cleaned...

The children of the night...what music they make!

I see OP, tell Robin to tell Batman that his family is acting up again.

iskallvoid 11
Noodlezzzzz 5

You sure it's not a poltergeist?

imgoingtohell 19

A badminton racket works very well to stun them