By ballplaya52 - 08/12/2013 05:04 - United States

Today, I learned that when your mom threatens to embarrass you by singing in public, the wrong response is, "Yeah? I dare you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 382
You deserved it 47 878

ballplaya52 tells us more.

Hey all! OP here. I just a wanted to clear a few things up. I know the wording may have been confusing and given you all the wrong image. When I said that she'd embarrass me by singing in public, I literally meant singing. To me. About me. In public. Loudly. Like not even a real song. But when I read over it when it got published, it sounded to me like people could interpret it like she would sing karaoke or something. Anyways it only lasted a minute or so so it wasn't that bad, but we did get some stares. And for those comments saying to live a little, I don't sing or dance in public as a personal rule because I'm not any good at either. Anyways thanks to the moderators for publishing this and I will see you guys around on this awesome website :)

Top comments

If my mom was that awesome id probably join her

Comments

This is basically saying that you thought the "no balls, won't do it." strategy would stop someone from doing something, rather than provoke them into actually doing it... Silly op.

I'm guessing you're not a fan of the lyrics?

For seriously. When are kids these days going to learn that embarrassing our children in ways that are unoffensive is one of the perks of being a parent. Our parents embarrassed us, our grandparents embarrassed our parents, our children will embarrass their kids. It's like the Circle of Life. Which reminds me of a song....

Your better response would have been to start singing and dance with her.

incoherentrmblr 21

So, this is How I Met Your Mother...

alshygirl 14

This really doesn't sound that embarrassing. Maybe that's because growing up my mom thought the music in the grocery store was "soooo cool" and she'd dance and shake with the cart down the aisles. If people look at you funny you can just smile and wave

"oh yeah? do it ******. you won't. dare ya."

A mother who sings in public isn't a FML. And you asked for it yourself!

That is so something my mom would do! Except I would probably do it with her...

How else is she going to get discovered?