By imatool - 27/07/2009 17:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I learned that my wife had an affair with another guy. She met him while we were on a trip in another state for marriage counseling. The reason we were in marriage counseling was because she had no desire for sex, and we had gone for two years without it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 781
You deserved it 4 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cormophyte 0

Know what I love? In reading through these comments and from past experiences with people's attitudes toward cheating I get the general impression that a lot of people (usually women) think that when a woman screws around it's because she's unfulfilled and the guy should fix the relationship. But these same people are usually the first to throw a wild badger at any guy who dares to so much as spank it to some internet ****, let alone withhold sex for two years while (at least) having sex on their COUPLE'S THERAPY GETAWAY.

Comments

LoveUWAllMyHeart 1

divorce her and take everythng! find someone worth your time.

Wow. I love how the people who are clearly 12 always say divorce. Some things are worth working out you know? Ask her why she did it. And If she's sorry, and why did you need to go to another State to go to marriage counseling? They're everywhere.

That's a load of bullshit. Yes, some things are worth working out. The "Aw, honey, what's the matter?" is not something you use to resolve someone blatantly cheating on you WHILE you're trying to work out the problems with an already sexless marriage. The notion that cheating is anything but the cheater's fault is disgusting. Loveless marriages are ended, not merely used as an affiliation to another person while you commit adultery.

hatehatehatehate 0

Gross...... Cuckoldry is not the answer LOL

You're ******* stupid. For someone to be married and be disinterested in sex for TWO years and then cheat on her husband is completely grounds for divorce. It's pretty clear that she's not interested in her husband anymore so why not ditch her ass and leave her with nothing? The people that shouldn't be getting divorces are the ones that just decide they hate each other automatically. Miserable people deserve each other.

Whatevers_clever 0

I don't agree. She cheated on him while probably lying about the fact she has no desire for sex... with HIM. That's messed up and is a good reason for a divorce.

You're practically 12 yourself, ha ha. Working out? They already tried to work it out obviously, which is why they resorted to counseling. The fact of the matter is that his wife is just a selfish **** who wanted to **** on the side and still get the full benefit of being married. There is nothing to work out.

Yes there is...as a matter of fact I know 3 couples that worked things out after major issues and cheating. In two cases the man was cheating in the third case it was the woman. Of course it's mainly the wife's fault for cheating, but chances are there were other things majorly wrong in their marriage for her not to want her husband anymore and seeking attention from another guy. Chances are that it wasn't until talking to the counselor that she realized she's extremely unhappy with her marriage overall, not just the no-sex part. I've seen it happen plenty of times. Of course she still shouldn't have cheated...but even though she did that doesn't mean things can't be worked out. So many people on here always scream divorce even though they've never been married and aren't even close to being married. If OP and his wife were just dating I'd agree that breaking up could be an option...but they're married. Marriages take a lot of serious work on both ends. And if it took him two years to realize something is majorly wrong in their marriage then chances are his not very attentive overall. If the wife had not cared about the marriage she would not have agreed to counseling. That's why I think it WAS the counseling that made her really see what all is wrong in their marriage...which is why she cheated DURING counseling, and not in the two years prior... Still, not an excuse to justify the cheating, but his behavior may have been the reason and he just never saw it.

Word. Showing that much dedication and having her throw it in the guy's face pretty much proves the marriage is ****** and it's her fault.

greenltrn2003 0

Welp, you kno what that means right?... (hint...its you)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

SnayUnicornPower, she's most likely not retarded. She knew what she was doing was wrong. Maybe your advise might help if whoever posted this really wants to work it out. I just don't tolerate people who cheat.

Rough. Dump the **** ASAP. Hopefully she's not much of a wage earner so her standard of living can plummet like it deserves to.

macc55 2