By _Ducks_ - 28/05/2014 04:08 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I learned that my daughter was looking for love in all the wrong places, specifically the county jail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 578
You deserved it 5 718

_Ducks_ tells us more.

Hey, OP here. I can clear a few things up. She was nearly arrested for breaking and entering and saw a 'cute' boy at the jail. Every day since (without my knowledge) she went to the jail and talked to him. I found out last week.

Top comments

Who is she to stop her? HER MOTHER. She's underage, barely knows the boy, it isn't "love" and it's definitely her mother's business who she takes up with.

#47, please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Comments

sunnysideup25 7

That's some tough lovin right there

Shadowvoid 33

It shouldn't matter if it's true love, right? I mean sure, they may be rough around the edges. I'm positive that her love was falsely accused of murder, urination in public, and bare back riding the policeman on response to the scene.

There are worse places to look for love... Like the state penitentiary.

Attacksloth 33

It's a tricky situation because if you intervene and lay down the parental authority, she'll resent you for meddling with her love life. On the other hand, you could probably keep a relatively close tab on them unless they decide to move and fall off of the radar, and the person would already be known to police, meaning that his information is readily stored by police. It depends on how old your daughter is - if she's below the age of majority you can probably widdle your way in and stop things, but if she's a legal adult all you can really do is try to guide her in the right direction and hope she takes the more intelligent path. It would also depend on what this guy did to wind up in jail - I know some people who have served terms that are good people, and have a loving wife that they would run in front of a bus for.

I've always wanted to know the goal here. to change someone's life? or try to show someone love who wouldn't expect it?

Is it me or do many of the fmls start with "Today i learned" or " Today, I discovered".