By JhKhS - 14/09/2009 10:05 - United Kingdom

Today, I just came back from the vet. I spent a lot of money on a pet tortoise at the local pet store and it didn't come out of its shell when I bought it. The owner just said it sleeps in the day and it'll be shy for a week or so. Turns out it was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 555
You deserved it 9 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.... 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This tortoise is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-TORTOISE!!

Comments

Tape a note on it, and throw it through the seller's largest window.

WTF would you need a note?? And WTF would the note say?!? And geee... the store owner would know who has a dead tortoise. Take the tortoise to the front of the store and picket it until they give you the $$ back. Call the local media so they can spread the word.

Remember the famous Discount Tire commercial? The note would be a threat (i.e. note taped to a brick). The note could be short and sweet about how pissed you are, or "I like to penis little boys" in your case.. Picket? really? Why waste more time and money on a dead turtle? I'd really like to hear the laughter on the other end of the phone when you call 'the media' about it. Your logic. I don't see it.

girlwonder0_o 0

Wow you are a complete idiot for falling for that. "This puppy is a bit shy. He'll sleep for the first week, and then wake up when he decides he's comfortable with you." Idiot.

myhairynutsack 0

YDI for spending money on something without seeing it move.

Jonathan33 0

that's why u don't buy a ******* tourtoise. buy a campanion pet you loner.

I assume it was one of those pets who taught you to spell.

why would you buy it when all you ever saw was its shell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

sounds fake. He is from England so he probably got the idea from the monty python parrot skit.

Yep, all us English people do is drink tea and watch Monty Python...oh and don't look after our teeth...yeah, that too...