By Anonymous - 14/11/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, I introduced my Chinese-born girlfriend to the rest of the family. My uncle immediately blurted out, "He's dating a communist." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 674
You deserved it 4 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So I guess I'm also "communist" according to your uncle..

saIty 17

We all have that one crazy uncle we don't know whether to love or hate.

Comments

On the bright side, that means he knows a little bit about her:)

L1v3_L0v3_Lau9h 18

Wow, some people are so rude. Your uncle needs to learn some respect. Just try to ignore what he says.

kimmiekimmiekong 0

hey I know how u feel, I have family members who r racist and close minded... it sucks!!!!

lmao, he's racist. that makes me a "communist" now

Seriously, when I read your comment, other words come to mind, but they are all related to intelligence, and not politics. P.S. Democracy is not a race either

30 - Not sure where the politics thing came in, but I read her profile and must certainly agree with your comment.

51 (and 70, so you follow), the politics thing refers to another comment on this FML. What I am trying to say is that you can't call someone "racist" because they called someone else a communist. Communism is a political system, not a race. For example, people from eastern European countries that were former communist (eg. Bulgaria) but now are democratic, have not become another race, they simply follow a different political system now. Bottom line is that the unlce of OP is an ignorant person with, presumably, very little education. OPs' girfriend is probably a Chinese-born American. Anyway, if OP is happy, all other opinions are pointless.

79, your logic is making my brain flatline... This has little to do with politics or economic systems. 23 is simply calling OP's uncle racist because the uncle stereotypes all Chinese people as communists. Unless the uncle came to that conclusion with an entirely different reason not mentioned in the FML, 23 is correct.

108, rascim is having hatred for some one simply because of there skin color/religion /sexual orientation the uncle in this fml was just being stereotypical by grouping the girlfriend as a communist Ex- she's Asian therefore a communist (stereotypical view) Ex- she's a chink (racist) Ex- I hate her bc she supports Communism (prejudice)

DanGleesak 11

Play with his mind. Tell him "shhhh, it's a secret. They are listening". In the end, if you are happy with the girl, your uncles' opinion is obselete, apart from being idiotic.

Maybe they are listening, and reading, and watching... Or maybe it's just me

Your Uncle seems like a straight shooter.

RedPillSucks 31

Straight for his foot or kneecaps, unfortunately.

N3766 20