By Lex - 12/05/2009 03:13 - United States

Today, I installed high performance brakes on my car after fearing that my old brake system was to weak and I could get into a crash. On the test drive a car in front of me stopped short. My new brakes worked, the ones on the car behind me didn't. I now have whiplash and a totalled car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 525
You deserved it 3 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ben26_fml 0

I guess FYL for the accident, but at least you didn't slam into the car in front of you

Comments

lol, This one is just awesome. I hate when stupid things like this happen. FYL

I clicked "YDI" not because of the crash, but because you installed "high-performance brakes" onto your car just for FEARING that your old brakes were too weak and couldn't stop in time to prevent a crash. YDI for being so gullible to a salesperson.

slutsstud 0

hahah... shit happens N karma's a bitch! Just remember that and move on!.. It's not like you or the person who hit you didn't have insurance?.. right?

#10 is right--not your fault, you should be able to get total compensation from the party at fault (i.e. the driver who rear-ended you).

I2OI3 0

OH IRONY IS A CRUEL MISTRESS!

... ... just a guess here... but next time don't follow the person in front of you so closely!!! Having just enough room to be able to barely avoid hitting someone in an emergency stop by slamming on your brakes is not enough room!!!!! You have to think about other drivers behind and beside you as well! (a fact to which your totalled car now testifies!) Man, tailgaters drive me insane!!! (apparently)

ScooterScott 0

Dumbass, he said he was rear-ended. The other car hit him from behind.

You're the dumbass. The comment was correct because the If the OP had to break so suddenly that the car behind didn't have time to stop, then that means the OP was pretty damn close to the car in front as well.

You can't always help that, though. I had an accident once where the car in front of me slammed on the brakes because the car in front of them decided blinkers weren't necessary and apparently didn't know how to make a turn safely. I managed not to hit the car in front of me by about two or three feet, the car behind me, however, bumped into me. It happens.

There really isn't any way to stop someone from tailgating you really. About the only think you can do is tap the breaks and maybe go to the shoulder if you have one.

thelonelylurker 0

At least it's not your fault. The truth is that even if you drive safely, other people will crash into you.

that_guy01 0

holy shit that sucks horribly. i've been wanting to put 4 pistons w/ slotted rotors on my truck just to see how fast it stops haha.

that_guy01 0

@ #9. Yes, there are better brakes the manufacturers don't put, but it's because there's no need for them, their only necessary for racing situations (cars) or if you put really big tires/wheels (lifted trucks, or those shitty lifted homie cars on 30's)