By Anonymous - 29/02/2016 22:56 - United States - San Bruno

Today, I hung out with some old friends for the first time since losing about 50 pounds, going from clinically obese to a healthy weight. I even bought a cute new dress for the occasion to show off my new body. No one noticed the change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 772
You deserved it 2 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who cares? You did it for yourself, and as long as you feel happy, that's really all that matters.

Don't be so down. Maybe they forgot? I'm not helping, but congrats on the weight loss!!

Comments

DavidMcClain 12

I'm sure they didn't mean to be rude, but it had been a long time since they'd seen you. Give it more time OP!

scottishoatmeal 22

Don't take it to heart, well done on the loss OP!

I don't think "the loss" is the right term, it sounds like somebody died :P although it's possible that OP made a pact with the devil to lose weight

jessenia123 27

if they were really your friends they would have noticed the Change in you but anyways congratulations ive been trying to lose weight myself and it it very hard

No, don't make OP's friends sound like douchebags with that "if they were good friends" bs. Her friends are still her friends, it's not like they made fun of her.

I actually thought the opposite, not commenting on OPs appearance would, to me, mean that they don't care about how she looks and only care about being with her for her personality.

I'm sorry to hear that, OP. Especially since you were probably quite excited about it yourself. Just remember that you did it for you in the end. I'm sure you look and feel fabulous. Congrats!

Maybe they did notice, but just didn't say anything. Losing 50 pounds is a pretty significant change. Whatever it may be, congratulations on the weight loss, OP!

Don't be so down. Maybe they forgot? I'm not helping, but congrats on the weight loss!!

Who cares? You did it for yourself, and as long as you feel happy, that's really all that matters.

Well obviously she did, and didn't do it for 'herself'. She wanted someone to notice and give her a sense of accomplishment. There's nothing wrong with that and to say she 'did it for herself' so she shouldn't care if she looks the same is stupid

You shouldn't have to impress anyone, as lomg as she knows she's healthy, nobody can take that away from her.

KayleeFrye 39

Even though you do it for yourself, it's nice when someone takes note of your hard work.

Maybe it's jealousy or somehow they thought it would be rude to mention. But congratulations. Amazing accomplishment.

Maybe they never judged you so it never really mattered to them.

They could have been avoiding offending you about your weight. I'm sure they noticed and are happy for you :)

I agree with this. Just because they didn't say anything, that doesn't mean that they didn't notice. It could be that they worry that you might not have lost the weight deliberately. It's more than just awkward to say "Hey, you look great! Did you lose weight?" and get the response, "Thanks. I have cancer." I lost over 50 pounds a few years back, and some people did actually approach me to say, "You're not sick, are you?"