By FML - 12/11/2009 07:14 - United States

Today, I held a container while a patient tried to throw up in it. She missed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 417
You deserved it 3 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

travisv23 0

You guys are idiots. It's not 'your job' to get puked on. Your job in this case would be to help people. Being to stupid to realize the difference must be why you guys are here posting that garbage in the first place. Now Hiring: Position to be puked on? Morons..

Been there, done that, that's why extra scrubs are good

Comments

youthink_fml 0

If it's a patient, this is your job, something you accepted and get paid to do. Stop your bitching.

What #3 said. Welcome to your job! Get ******* used to it. YDI.

duuur that's why they hold their own pee bottle, emesis basin/bag YDI Noob while we are on the subject of schooling your dumbass •if you are escorting a psych pt make them lead you don't let them follow •all baker acts must be stripped of all clothing and possesions •if a patient leaves with an IV in call the police now stop watchin Mercy and Trauma for tips and find a new career you're hopeless Lemon out!

How the **** is this an FML? I really dont think having to wash your hands inconveniences your life... Grow the **** up you pussy. You picked your job, and you probably make a hell of a lot more money than alot of people, stop whining and get back to work, dumbass.

You got a job. You got a pretty secure job. You got a pretty good paying job. Your job has good medical benifits. You got a job where you can live just about anywhere you want. You got a job that, with some seniority, you can work any shift you want. Your secure, good paying, good benifits and good options job has a down side. Once in a while. Boo... ******... hoooo. YDI... every time you cash your check.

travisv23 0

You guys are idiots. It's not 'your job' to get puked on. Your job in this case would be to help people. Being to stupid to realize the difference must be why you guys are here posting that garbage in the first place. Now Hiring: Position to be puked on? Morons..

Precisely. Sure, it may come along with the territory of working in the health care field, but getting vomited on sucks, regardless. I'm in school for nursing, and nowhere in my classes has anyone mentioned "Oh, and don't have ill feelings when people throw up on you. It's your job to be thrown up on." How you handle the situation is important, but you still have "the right" to be irritated that it happened, as long as you handle the situation with professionalism.

Notso much an FML as a day to day occurence for anyone who works in healthcare.