By Neurocardiogenic Syncope - 24/08/2012 04:08 - Canada

Today, I have a heart condition that causes migraines and fainting, so I take salt tablets to stop the fainting. The migraines can lead to a stroke, so I have medication for them. The medication has a side effect: fainting. And to avoid migraines, I should avoid salt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 205
You deserved it 1 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

007type 26

That's beyond ******-up. Get well soon, OP.

You're just ******. :/ Maybe DocBastard has wisdom for you.

Comments

Maybe you should explain the problem to your doctor. This kind of thing is fairly common because medical departments don't talk to each other and don't realise they're prescribing conflicting medication to the same patient.

I was diagnosed with nuerocardiogenic syncope a little over 2 years ago and the same cardiologist prescribed both the sodium supplement and the migraine medication, which conflict with each other, but 'conflict less' than what my neurologist had prescribed for the migraines. The whole bout which was brought about by my Chiari Malformation.

If its only for today just wait a day and you'll be fine.

You dont understand what a heart condition is do you?

He looks like one of them hillybilly/redneck fellas. So id say no

BradTheBrony 19

No, it's in reference to the mandatory "today" at the start of all FMLs, which can make some (example above) quite awkward.

TallMist 32

Dang it. I accidentally thumbed him up. Thumb him down for me please?

mrnuleef 7

Reading that took a bit to process, but that is a real case of "ain't that a bitch." come back to your post and maybe our resident FML Doc will give some free advice. Otherwise, my heart goes out to you.

Pun intended with the 'heart' thing? Or am I just plain sick...

mrnuleef 7

Nope, you're just one sick sonofamitch

Sounds like a case of doctors just prescribing stuff without looking to see what else your on. Happens all the time. Get 'em in, give 'em drugs, send in the next one.

*reads the FML 3 times* Congratulations. You have succeeded in confusing the **** out of me. FYL?

Heart condition= Migraines & fainting Avoid fainting= Taking salt tablets. Avoid migraines= Avoid salt. Migraine medication= Side effect of fainting. Basically, the medication does absolutely nothing for OP. Get it now? All that crack going straight to your head?

Pft, and I'm supposed to be the stupid one :-D

Ok, I get it now. And I don't do crack. That's too hardcore. I'll stick to my weed, thank you.

loser_lover95 9

Awe OP that's terrible! I'm sorry.

If I were in your position, I would choose getting rid of the migraines. My mother had migraines frequently and eventually had a brain anurysim (spelling?) but I think the migranes were from it building up. She's very lucky to still be alive and capable of doing things like driving, even though her memory and attention span is lacking most of the time. I'm no doctor, but if something that severe or even severe as stroke can happen, I would choose taking that medication over the salt tablets! I'm sure there are other ways to avoid fainting. Talk to your doctor asap!

Naith 14

I agree to a point but a heart condition is very bad so OP needs new meds. No questions