By Anonymous - 16/02/2011 12:54 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I have a condition that, when I pull my foreskin back, it looks as if a rubber band has been put on it. The doctor told me the only way to fix it was to have me circumcised. My mum laughed, then asked him if he had a magnifying lens to do it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 646
You deserved it 4 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you went to the doc about you penis with your mom?

OP could have been quite young, there isn't an age limit to write an FML

Comments

get a second opinion. most docs are truly ignorant about foreskin issues and claim circumcision is the best/only option when its most definitely not. most medical text books don't even show an intact penis let alone proper.care of one or common issues and how to fix them without resorting to circ.

well said. if you go to a doctor that's not an ignorant moron, you'll probably be told to ********** more as it increases circulation and stretch your foreskin a little more each day. circulation and stretching will slowly expand the foreskin and it won't be too tight anymore.

I'm offended by the both of you. OP has a medical condition called phimosis. The treatment is...ready for it? Circumcision. Are either of you doctors? No? I'm truly shocked. You can both kiss my very well-educated ass.

See, there's plenty of people out there like you who are ignorant morons. you're a doctor? Good for you. go back and get an education that's been updated in the last century. Second opinions exist for idiots like you. if you're a doctor, I hope you get your license revoked and lose everything in a malpractice suit. any doctor who says they're offended when someone suggests a a second opinion is a danger to society and should not be allowed near people. in very very rare circumstances circumcision may be necessary, but of the 8 people I've known with this condition, every one got the same stupid advice and only 1 of them was actually circumcised as a result. the other 7 went to a specialist and got advice on how to treat this without surgery. they all have healthy and wonderful sex lives now with their foreskin intact and unmutilated by vicious so-called doctors with god complexes like you.

Doc, you've previously stated in other threads, that you regularly perform adult circumcisions. Which I assume you are well paid for (or do you work for free?). You have quite a conflict of interest in relation to this subject! If I was being paid $150k+ per year for cutting up peoples penises, I'd probably defend it too.

Infernati- I'm offended because you are the ignorant one. I'm not offended because you suggested a second opinion. I'm offended because you said "most doctors are ignorant" on the subject. You know this how? Have you polled all doctors and cone to this conclusion? No. That's your own ridiculous self-serving guess and nothing more. I won't comment on you calling me a vicious ignorant moron with a god complex except to say it's ******* laughable. I know plenty on the subject, because unlike you I had 4 years of medical school plus five more years of surgical training plus many years after training of reading medical journals. So calm down, grow up, and realise that you don't know as much as you think. Marvin- there's no conflict of interest. I got paid $13 for a recent circumcision. I'm not defending it for money. The mohels who get paid hundreds for the Jewish rite can do that. I do it strictly for medical reasons, so you can keep your sanctimonious bullshit to yourself.

k_madison 0

ew. you mean you haven't been circumcised?

guckylynn 19

"Ew" is not the appropriate response. In fact many men are uncircumcised. Get over it. They're kinda born that way.

Not to mention the fact that in most places around the world, men aren't typically circumcised.

sourgirl101 28

It's common here in the States to have your child circumcised as a baby. However, when my son was born, I had nurse after nurse after nurse try to talk me out of doing it. It was a difficult decision but we did it since my husband had it done at age 3 due to medical problems. He still remembers how painful it was.

EWW is HER appropriate response, someone's been porked by some turtlenecks I'm guessing. I'd say eww to anyone having a turtleneck too, all the ladies say they love the way my head feels sliding in

@ 43 so why did you do it then? Medical problems, in which circumcision is necessary, barely happen if you just wash your son and learn him how to wash it good down there.

lemoncows 2

why did they want to talk you out of it?

#43 Do you know how rare it is to have medical problems that requires a circumcision? Extremely. Overreaction on your part. And #71, they probably tried to talk her out of it, because there are many advantages of having a foreskin intact. Plus, circumcision is a form of genital mutilation.

116 - We understand your point of view. You've only posted it ten times... Anyway, what advantages are there? Through my research, I have found there are neither advantages nor disadvantages to having a foreskin, and the same idea goes for not having one. It really doesn't matter whether it's there or not, health-wise. As for your POV on mutilation, that's fine and dandy, but it's your opinion. Others may not believe it's mutilation, so you should probably stop shoving your views down everyone's throat. If you believe it's mutilation, when you have a son, you don't have to circumcise him. Deal?

Pogostick, you're doing nothing but repeating your own personal opinion on the matter. You clearly have no medical knowledge or facts backing you up. I, on the other hand, have performed dozens of circumcisions for boys with phimosis. It is NOT rare (up to 10% of three year olds), and circumcision is the best durable cure. I've been told by several of my patients that they had NO pain at all. You want to talk about involuntary mutilation? How about parents getting their infant daughter's ears pierced. Bottom line- give it a rest.

fthku 13

I don't know what's more disturbing. Your rubbery penis, or the fact that your MOM was there. You're obviously not a baby or a little kid, so.. WHAT THE HELL was she doing there?

She was probably took him there and waited out side, but then she went in to see the doctor i suppose?

fthku 13

Your name made me laugh. Too bad OP wasn't called Bob. Anyway, the whole situation is still quite disturbing.

Chamelionsun 0

LMFAO!!!! That's hilarious. FYL dude!

nowIshallrise 0

LOL wow, 26, you fail pretty hard.

ManaUser 0

You know, I realize this wasn't the point, but you should get a second opinion. There are almost certainly less drastic treatments.