By Anonymous - 15/02/2013 01:08 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I had to yet again explain to the guy I live with that just because you can't see dirt, it doesn't mean it's clean. And so letting his dog lick the plates is NOT the same thing as washing up. He won't listen to me, and he uses my plates. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 379
You deserved it 3 416

Same thing different taste

Comments

oj101 33

My dog used to finish my dinners for me when I was full, he'd lick my plates clean for me, and I'm fine. In fact, I'm in fantastic health and never had any major ilnesses. Perfect BMI, am active 4 times a week, eat well, have great skin, teeth... Life is what you make of it, not a few microbes.

#12 : ok first of all, there is no such a thing as perfect BMI. A body builder would be considered as obese according to BMI measurements because they are so heavy. Secondly, if you don't mind using your dog's tongue instead of washing the dishes, good for you. However I hope that you have the consideration to clean your dishes if you have guests for dinner or a girlfriend (although I doubt considering your theories on basic hygiene that you'd charm the ladies).

My dog does that too but we still wash them....,

oj101 33

#14 - Haha. I have a BMI of 21. I understand it isn't perfect, but I have a slightly leaner than average body. I meant to say that I'm in good shape. Secondly, I'm no pleb. I'd sometimes let the dog lick the gravy, then clean it and put it in the dishwasher. It's not like I put it back in the cupboard after the dog finished the place off. And that was 8 years ago. When I was 9 and it died just as I turned 10. He was 17 years old.

I'm failing to see the point of your comment other than to boast on your appearance. You cleaned the plates after letting your dog lick them unlike the OP's roommate, and I don't see what your 'perfect' BMI has to do with this, unless someone has claimed dog spit makes you fat?

oj101 33

#18 - You're right. My contention was that life is what you make it, and should't be spent counting every microbe. I went onto saying that I never caught any diseases (related to microbes in FML) - but I went off on a tangent about my current situation.

#19 So… does this mean that because one does not need to be a clean freak to be in good health, you’d eat off a plate that was licked by a dog?

beanthemouse 13
DontClickOnMe 28

It says the guy she lives with, not dating.

Sounds like justifiable grounds for manslaughter, and maybe even dogslaughter.

Maybe he is doing that because he wants you to move out?

Imhere4fml 24

Sewer water, with mud conditioner and dump scented body wash. His dog licks him dry.

Do you wash all the plates thanks to his habits? Are you sure that's not his plan? Sounds like he has you well trained so he doesn't have to do dishes.