By Dobche - 06/08/2015 11:16 - Bulgaria - Burgas

Today, I had to take a drugs test at work. Later, I found out it was my fiancé's mother who called our hotline. Her reason: I work till 6 pm, her "baby" should eat before that, but he can't cook, so I should quit my job. He is 35. And he thinks I should apologize for upsetting her at dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 312
You deserved it 2 713

Dobche tells us more.

Dobche 8

OP here: Result - negative. Why I didn't know about the cooking issue - well, it wasn't an issue for the last 4 years when we lived abroad. It seems it is a recent skill loss, like since we came back 3 months ago and found a place to live near his parents.

Top comments

wow why are you dating a guy like that? I wouldn't put up with that BS

35 and can't cook? dear lord the fabled grown ass man child is real. also sorry op FYL

Comments

Sounds like someone doesn't want to accept their son's failures so they blame you for stuff.

Why does everyone question OP for being with her fiancé. Obviously there are many ways to feed yourself. They've probably talked about it before they even got engaged.

13, it's not normal for a non-disabled grown man to need someone else's help to eat. And even if they somehow worked this part of it out between them, the fact that he doesn't see anything wrong with his mother's actions is incredible.

13: Not the issue. He sided with his mother against his fiance over the issue. Don't marry a momma's boy.

Buy him a ton of Lunch ables then her little man can have some nice crackers and meat circles with juice when ever he gets hungry.

Just like the eight year-old he apparently is.

NineeCat 32

Lunchables are ******* delicious:)

I don't know about OP's fiancé. When I was eight I was able to make a sandwich and heat a can of soup.

Isa_fml 20

Wow. Useless man-baby with mummy issues. What a catch. DUMP HIS ASS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE, WOMAN.

Not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to ****.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No, not just because he has a flaw, but because he allowed his mother to try and wreck her life without standing up to her.

The bitch tried to sabotage her job--HER JOB!!! Her means for taking care of herself. And the fiancé thinks this is okay. If this is the sort of controlling bull shit she has to look forward to for the rest of her life, she's better off alone.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Assuming that OP is telling the truth, there really is no way to justify either the mother's or fiancé's behavior. And I don't think you realize how extreme this situation is. It's not like she was embarrassed at a party or something silly like that. Her livelihood was put in jeopardy. That's a really big deal.

Sorry, but there is no justification for the other side. I don't care that he can't cook. The problem is that his mother tried to get her fired and he backed his mother. Btw, anyone with two hands can make a sandwich or grab an a piece of fruit or chips, so his mother went way too far

Acceptable flaws in a relationship: leaving towels on the floor, forgetting to buy dog food at the store, occasionally lazy about doing household chores. Unacceptable flaws in a relationship: being so stunted in development that you rely on your partner to feed you (unless actually disabled), and being so myopic that you'll defend someone else's attempt to sabotage your partner's job. OP needs to be able to be their fiancee's partner, not his mommy, and needs to be able to rely on him to support her. If he can't do that, he's in no way able to sustain a relationship and trying to apply "everybody has flaws" to this situation is like totaling a car then trying to sell it on craigslist with the label "cosmetic damage".