By Anonymous - 10/06/2016 17:02 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I had to take a drug test for my new job, which I desperately need and which took me over a year to land. I got a shy bladder and couldn't pee. They marked me as non-compliant and revoked the job offer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 696
You deserved it 1 314

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is no laughing matter, OP! Discrimination based age, race, gender, or disability—including shy bladder—is not funny. If you or a loved one are on the receiving end of shy bladder discrimination, call our hotline at 1-800-PIS-DOFF and know that you are NOT alone!

That's awful OP! Having a shy bladder is common. I have a shy bladder. Try and see if you can apply for the job again and then drink plenty of water before the test, but not too much so you don't ruin the test. I did that for my current job and it helped a lot. Hope this helps! :)

Comments

It's safe to say that your bladder just pissed away your opportunity at this job.

atomicxsarah 17

That sucks. You should have sat there all day and drank water until you could pee bad enough. I also have a shy bladder and I sat somewhere once for 3 hours until I could make myself pee to get a job.

I didn't know that could happen, I hope you get another chance, if not, try to get another job.

As someone who does drug screens as part of my job, there is either more to the story or the person who did you test does not know the rules. If you are unable to go right away, you should have three hours from then to give a sample. It usually doesn't take everyone three hours to go, but you do have that much time. If you went over the three hour mark without giving a sample then yes, they end the test and your employer doesn't HAVE to give you another chance to test.

OMGITSTANA 15

TALK TO THEM TRY AN EXPLAN U SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE AGAIN

momac86 17

Ah ha ha shy bladder sry that sucks tho

Why didn’t you drink so much water you’d have to pee no matter what? Hmm