By Anonymous - 23/02/2011 16:04 - United States

Today, I had to spend all of my money on textbooks even though my refrigerator is empty. Starving and frustrated, I called home to ask for money for groceries. My mom told me I could afford to skip a few meals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 563
You deserved it 5 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FajitaFreak 3

Your mom and dad brought you into this world. I don't understand the mentality that they don't owe you anything. Yes, you are sentient and capable of taking care of yourself most of the time, but everyone needs help now and again. You would not exist if not for your parents, which is a good thing when things are good in life, but ******* horrible when things go wrong. I've been homeless and starving and without hope. It's not something I'd wish on my worse enemy.

Comments

Food is for the weak. But if you can cough up some change, keep an eye out for these inexpensive items: Bread Processed Cheese Butter Make grilled cheese sandwiches (assuming you have access to a stove). Problem solved.

meh_meh_meh 2

Bread: 2.50 Processed Cheese: 2-4$ Butter: 2$ 8 dollars is a lot to people who have nothing.

eat dick. lot of plumpa humpas out there waiting to give you some. such as your alcoholic father.

If you're that broke that 8 dollars is alot of money to you then how the hell are you still paying for college (because student loans usually don't pay for everything). You must be one poor bastard meh_meh_meh.

hahaha better start using those books fast so you can finish school, get a job and buy some food!!

Check out the dumpsters next to your local restaurant. You would not believe what great food you can find there. Just yesterday I found a big burrito. Sure, it was half-eaten and maybe a few days old, but once I got rid off the mold it was really tasty!

ulicksam 0

Welcome to college. You're no different than 90% of the students out there. It's always been like that. Some of us actually took a part-time job while studying up to 24 credits a semester. You might want to look into that.

Why are you assuming she doesn't already have a job? It's possible that she does have a job and that just paying for the textbooks completely wiped out her paycheck. I know that when I worked part time I was only making around $300 each paycheck which doesn't mean a whole lot if you have $500 worth of textbooks to buy.

boatkicker 4

Exactly. I work 43 hours a week and I pissed away two and a half weeks worth of pay on my textbooks. Thank god I had some money saved up. It's the only thing that saved me.

You guys apparently never figured out that there are cheaper ways to get books. eBay, international versions... Also if you aren't going to need the book day in and day out, you can sometimes get away with borrowing someone else's and copying down the problems or doing the same with one of the bookstore's books.

boatkicker 4

All but one of those were books I need daily (and that one had been on my list of books to buy sometime anyways. I had read parts of it before and wanted the whole thing) and none of them were bought new. Bought at the cheapest I could find them. Half came from ebay, two used from amazon sellers, and two were e-books.

You should have skipped some of the textbooks. Most of them you won't even read. Get them used on aamazon and spend 1/3 of the price.

Get a job and screw your family. they 're just not worth it from what you 've written...

SirEBC 7

You might want to place your verbs a little more strategically..

amberita28 0

Maybe you shouldn't have wasted all that money on booze last weekend, fatty.

2010smhill2010 0

if op commits sucide after reading all of these mean and hurtful comments...yall can be charged with a crime...with that said op can be overweight do to medication or an injury...just be careful about wat u post..it will come back around and kick you in the balls

No, no they can't because it's the OP's choice to read the comments on an FML she submitted. She submitted the FML knowing there was the possibility of hurtful comments. It's not like they are all stalking her on many different pages, such as facebook,just to leave cruel comments.

djrox11 0

how do you know it was booze? could be he/she has a serious cocaine problem

MuchDance90s 0

if someone sexxed you, it'd be like humping a tree. you're such a dog, you must have some "bark". hehe just kidding you gorgeous princess

if someone gets suicidal because someone says something mean on the Internet they need to get the **** off the computer and do something else. it's natural for people to not care about people they don't know.