By killme - 29/02/2016 07:00 - Canada - Belleville

Today, I had to pee in a cup. The cup almost overflowed. My first instinct was to drink some so it didn't spill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 548
You deserved it 23 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Should I drink my own piss? No, but it's sterile and I like the taste." ~ Dodgeball

Comments

You instincts are too strong and too fast to control!

Hopefully it wasn't sweet ... otherwise you might need to be evaluated for diabetes.

This might be the most embarrassing way to find out you have the 'Beetus. Doctor: Why do you think you have diabetes? OP: Well, I was peeing in a cup, and I, um, accidentally drank it... Doctor: [eyes OP suspiciously with Professor Snape "dafuq" face] Hmm, okay...

my first thought here is.... who doesn't know not to take the cup away before you overflow it?

And if for some reason is does get filled, just pour out the amount that you don't need into the toilet.

I have never had that issue and if I did that would likely be my dead last compulsion. If this was a drug test you pee in the cup, up to the line, finish in the toilet, DO NOT FLUSH, seal the container, wash hands, exit restroom. Without fail. You couldnt pinch the flow for three seconds to switch? Sounds like you are just making excuses to drink your own pee.

Sorry if this is ignorant, but why do you not flush, #18?

ChristianH39 30

I have to do urine samples for the doctor all the time and you always flush. No one is coming to check your pee in the toilet. That's the point of going in the cup. I agree with everything you said up until that point. (Unless for drug tests someone checks the toilet to see it was actually your urine, but that doesn't even make sense and I've never heard of that before). I agree that it sounds like op wanted an excuse to drink her pee. Because that is not an "instinct."

I've been drug tested and I just fired the overflow into the urinal. No one, including the person who was observing me filling the sample cup, said a thing about it.

Doing a urine sample for the doctors and for a drug test for work is two different things. Doctors aren't worried you are using someone else's pee. For drug test they are concerned about that because drug users try to hide their drug abuse I had to take drug test like that for school when I was taking classes at a hospital. It just makes sure the person is being honest.

What #53 said. Work drug tests require you to not flush. They enter the room, verify there is nothing awry going on and then flush. Every. Time. Nedical, checking for different gealth issues, that's different.

CheekyRaccoon 27

No way, I don't believe you, you're taking the piss mate.

bananassin 25

Ok, seriously, what the ****?

tarlax 11

Why are people assuming he actually drank it?

Why would it be an FML moment if they didn't?

tarlax 11

I'm not saying it's a big FML, but it easily falls under the app's definition of one. Besides, unless he was somehow pissing into the cup while simultaneously holding said cup right up next to his mouth, there's no way he could possibly have accidentally drunk it. And even if he did, he would've spilled it in the process. I'm beyond amazed that anyone here is actually reading it that way.

I'm sorry, but how is that your first instinct? The cup isn't anywhere close to your mouth to begin with.