By GirlFromAus - 25/09/2009 08:13 - Australia

Today, I had to listen to my mum and grandma planning a funeral for my grandpa. Who isn't dead yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 473
You deserved it 2 702

GirlFromAus tells us more.

GirlFromAus 0

guys, I am the OP, so listen up... my grandpa wasnt actually aware it was happening he had no say whatsoever he wasnt planning his own, they planned it FOR him, while he wasnt there

Top comments

was your grand father involved in the discussion? I would want to have my wishes known before I go.

Panther_fml 0

That sucks.... But better now than never...

Comments

Planning a funeral ahead of time is responsible. Specifying the date is creepy. Hearing who your grandma is going to bring as a date is unnerving, but when you here what she wants to do with the bloke after the funeral is vomit-inducing!

And hearing the actual act through the walls causes suicide.

Especially, if she yells out your freshly-buried grandpa's name at the moment of climax!

RJB 0

No If the bloke yelled out the Grandpas name then THAT would cause suicide

I'd say grandma is set in her ways and will probably instruct her new play toy to do it exactly as grandpa had. Chilling!

You people are disgusting and have no idea what the OP might feel like when she reads your garbage. And she sounded young too. You should be ashamed of the filth you're spilling out.

They're just joking, chill. Plus it's rare that OPs come back to comment on their post, or even read the comments.

GirlFromAus 0
positivity 0

F your life? No. F your Grandpa's life! They are planning his funeral already!

BreatheForLove 0

Me, my mom and my grandma already planned part of the funeral for my great-grandmother, too. It's responsible, because if your granddad just drops dead now, you have to grief and arrange the funeral at the same time.

It's depressing, but not that terrible. I was visiting my grandparents when my grandfather found out he had cancer and had 12 months if he was way lucky, and I had to go to the funeral home with them so he could plan out everything. I don't think I've ever cried that much, but I agree with the people who say that thinking this is an FML is incredibly conceited. I feel worse for your grandfather for the fact that he's dying, and your mother and grandmother for having to plan this out.

chibivampire09 0

F your life? I had to listen to people helping my 19 year old friend plan her funeral cause she's going into the army and will most likely die there. I know thats not an F my life that's an F her life at least your grandfather lived a long life. But cheer up! since he isn't dead yet, you can still spend some time with him. My friend is already gone so i didnt get to say goodbye in person but you can so take the opportunity :)

What? That's the stupidist thing i've ever heard. If she thinks she is going to die maybe she should, hmm.. I don't know.. NOT join the army.

i really dont get why you're friend joined the army if she was expecting to die straight away so she'd already planned her funeral... i mean, seriously?

That's seems stupid. If she was planning on dieing there then why join? also why would she be planning the funeral anyway if she does die the Army takes care of the funeral

NotNegativeNews 0

It'd be pretty damned responsible to plan your funeral if you go into a job that is dangerous. If that's police, armed services, fire department, stunt man, whatever!

chibivampire09 0

I myself have been trying to figure out why the hell she joined and i tried to talkher out of it all up until it was too late for her to turn back but she really wanted to do it so idk....

Um, the risk of dying when joining the military is fairly high, especially when you know you'll be sent into a warzone. Death is something that every soldier, policeman, firefighter, etc. is willing to face. It's really not that hard to understand, people.

What does that have to do with you? You are not the center of the universe.

Your grandpa is either really old or dying. My family has talked about my grandparents funeral and guess what they're both still alive, they're not dying but they are really old. It's not that big a deal so stop bitching about it.

also OP, that is sad to hear, but he's not dead, and they're planning ahead, doesnt mean the immediate future. enjoy time with him while u can

timeoffire45 8

100% of the human population dies. And the chances of it happening sooner go up everyday. This is an epidemic people. We need to stop this atrocity now!