By thefifthdoctor - 10/12/2013 06:04 - United States - Seattle

Today, I had to listen to fellow classmates whine about selling one of their many houses, while I can barely afford to pay for a $100 textbook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 865
You deserved it 3 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

Stay in college OP, and someday you could be one of those many people.

Comments

So? I'm sure when they were in college they were struggling financially too. That's why you go to college, so you can afford a nice life later. You can't expect to be as wealthy as someone who's worked hard longer than you have, and you certainly can't hold that against them.

Awesome. Someone changed the FML to say "fellow students" instead of "people." Now most of our comments are moot.

And? Some people are lucky. Some work hard. Some need to realize what others have isn't a reflection on their own lives.

You really shouldn't compare your life to others' like this. Some people get lucky with wealthy families, but that doesn't mean you can't work hard and earn your wealth later in life. Also, money doesn't mean their life is great.

SuperMew 22

Hard work does not always equal a good life or being wealthy. A guy who works 40 hours a week for min wage will never really make enough to buy a yacht.

bfsd42 20

#68, if your idea of wealth is owning a yacht, then good luck to you in life. There are many people who are perfectly wealthy without material possessions or vast amounts of money. Being wealthy is having what you need, not owning a yacht.

If you work hard in college, I highly doubt you will be getting a minimum wage job.

#82, I don't think you know the definition of wealthy then. You should look it up, and then get back to me.

Well you're buying those textbooks to study, get a job, and hopefully have many houses of your own, are you not?

Look at it this way, people of different social classes are in the same college. Out shine their wallets!

perdix 29

I cried because I had no shoes . . . until I met a man who had no feet. At least, you are in school --the surest means to achieve at least a middle-class lifestyle.

TheDrifter 23

I thought that was trade school?

I'm assuming you're in university. So let me say this first: Life is not fair. Some people may have over ten houses while many may not own their own house at all. It's just life. You either get busy working, or get busy dying. If you study hard with those textbooks, someday you could become one of those rich fellows with the golden pocket watches and top hat. Believe. BTW if your nickname is a reference to Doctor Who, I love you.

I feel like some people on here do not make a difference between leading a comfortable lifestyle and being a mega rich billionaire with "golden watches" and stuff... Sure everybody should strive towards achieving a comfortable situation. I'm less sure about the other part though. Not everybody wants that. I personally believe that once you have more than enough, you should direct your priorities towards helping others. Then again, this is the real world, I know, yet somehow I always feel ill at ease with some people who get very rich and then forget what it's like to be "poor", as demonstrated every day in politics.