By anonymous - 15/06/2011 18:00 - Canada

Today, I had to lie to my female roommate about what happened last night. She was drunk and spent half the night cuddling with me and trying to get me to kiss her. I've loved this girl for two years, but I promised her I wouldn't let her cheat on her boyfriend with anyone. Even me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 040
You deserved it 12 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YOREALLY 0

Aw thts really sweet how you kept ur promise (:

Comments

mattmalin11 0

Oops, typo. I did this on a windows phone.

AnimalLover1031 8

Hope you have lots and lots of pictures for memories lol jk good luck with that :O

Um, why are you living with someone who you clearly can't have and putting yourself in this situation? Get a new place! You can still be her friend, but I wouldn't live with someone I really like when I know I can't have them. Part of me says you deserve it for living with her knowing she has a boyfriend and that you like her a lot, but another part of me says FYL, too.

SmallTownCutie 0

It's probably a small group of people living together and splitting rent so it's not as expensive. Even if it just them, it's most likely to save money. One of them probably had an add (Need roommate- $*** per month) and they weren't picky about gender, more about how fast they could share the rent. he can't just move out.

I don't know, I mean I'm good friends with the guy I like and he knows this but I still invited him to come to my aunt's birthday and stay the night, and we were cuddling on the bed because it was freezing cold in the room, and honestly though nothing happened, that was still the best thing that's happened to me all year because he was so sweet, he told me my ex had cheated on me then threatened to beat him up if he ever hurt me again (my ex had a habit of biting until there was blood and once scarring :/) but thanks to my friend I'm actually much happier because he's always there for me, I honestly would be content just being friends with him if we don't drift apart. I'm fine with being friends with him but if him and I were room mates that would be awesome as well haha.

Whoah...thanks for giving us your life story in a way only marginally related to the FML.

Maybe one day she'll realize that you're a great guy and see you more than a friend. It sucks though that the first time she ever made a move on you was when she was drunk.

ToyotaObsession 1

ROFL and maybe he will win the lotto. Girls don't look at safe guys as dating material.

demonmarine22 0

this is sooooooo true. once you are "there" for a girl , you immediately get turned into a big brother figure and lose any dating appeal that you had before. moral of story: to get ahead and land that hot chick you've been chasing , be a doushebag and don't listen to that sob story.

mattmalin11 0

Lol, I was first, moron. L2C. Damn anti-flood.

Bad break OP... tell her the truth and she could deny it and push you away... hide the truth and she might not ever know... best hope is to hide it and hope she remembers and sees it as a sign of you being trustworthy... best of luck brethren

bubo_fml 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

looooool! At least u r honest.. Too many fakes and snakes around these days...

I'm a little confused about why OP lied, too. The promise was kept and if she doesn't know how she acts when she drinks, she might get in the same situation with a less considerate person next time.