By catgiraffegirl - 23/09/2014 18:30 - United States

Today, I had to inform my roommate that dry shampoo, deodorant, and perfume are not the same as a shower. It's been two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 957
You deserved it 2 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yeyeboys 20

I would try to talk to her in the nicest way possible. You don't want to offend her and start a fight between you two considering you live with her.

I don't see how people live like that. It just feels so gross not to shower; I hate the way my hair feels especially. Not even trying to be rude, I just genuinely don't understand how people can stand the feeling of not being clean and willingly do it

Comments

yeyeboys 20

I would try to talk to her in the nicest way possible. You don't want to offend her and start a fight between you two considering you live with her.

mif_fml 27

Or subtly hint at it, like nominating her to do the ice bucket challenge. Then when she is wet, say "you might as well take a shower."

onealmxwilson 18

So for some reason I read this as "in the incest way" and I was like ???

littleteapot 21

OP's roommate might say, "But that was my shower."

#31 I did the same thing and had to read it again

simplysarcastics 26

Shoot at least you get dry shampoo and cover ups, I got nothing from my roommate, I just had to grin and bare it...

Epikatz 22

^^^ The implications of the homophone in this comment are wonderful.

ChristianH39 30

OP said perfume so I'm gonna guess it's a she.

addictedtoIASIP 14

Plus it's her roommate, they must be a lot older than middle school

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Girls/women wear perfume. Guys/men wear cologne. *virtual nohomo high five from one non native englizian to another*

Your English was fine, I was just being stupid :P

#78 in the UK we don't say cologne we say perfume, for guys also

I'm guessing this roommate is the same as the guy from the last FML? In all seriousness though, you didn't think to tell your roommate like, a week ago?

As long as she's not using snot to keep her hair back, or to control friz you have no problem.

simplysarcastics 26

You cannot make someone bathe, I've witnessed people tell others they stink, and it did not work. So we can talk all day but I can't make you wash your ass or brush your teeth. Remember Ben from that's so raven, ray resulted to bathing him herself, he would not get the picture.

kingdomgirl94 29

Uhm if you recall, once she told him he smells bad, he agreed to bathe more. He didn't even know and thought his mom was just being a nag because she said his dad stank too.

Are you telling me that I've been showering wrong this entire time?

I don't see how people live like that. It just feels so gross not to shower; I hate the way my hair feels especially. Not even trying to be rude, I just genuinely don't understand how people can stand the feeling of not being clean and willingly do it

ChristianH39 30

I don't get it either, especially since I work at a machine shop so I end up covered in coolant oil every day. I shudder to think what that would feel like after two weeks

Even if I missed just one day of taking a shower I feel unclean. I take a shower almost everyday, washing my hair every other day. I don't think I would be comfortable with not showering for any longer than one day.

Their hair must be pretty... Soapy.. But hopefully your roommate decides to shower soon

finalyearsofhate 22

Dry shampoo is typically a powder or spray, it's not soapy.

michaelm1290 23

Suggest a slip and slide in the backyard with soap and a hose

Agreed. Add alcohol. Make it a party. Adults still enjoy the slip n slide! :)

TanzWolf 26

That's really unsanitary. And she's a girl? I mean personal choice and all but I have to shower every other day or else I feel uncomfortable.

Every other day? That is so gross. Shower everyday

TanzWolf 26

Showering everyday is actually bad for your skin, and especially your hair. Even more so if you use products every time.

I also feel uncomfortable when I don't shower every other day. My 13 year old brother on the other hand...

ohishkabibble 21

Yeah, I don't think so, #26. Or have you not heard of "dry skin"? Unless you have unreasonably greasy hair, horrendous B.O., or get filthy at work every day, there's really no reason to shower every day. Every other day, or even third day (depending on the person), is perfectly reasonable.