By cheekychimp23 - 24/07/2013 12:03 - United Kingdom

Today, I had to help my constipated dog by squeezing crap out of her butt. This is a daily occurrence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 171
You deserved it 6 101

cheekychimp23 tells us more.

Just so people know I'm not a terrible dog owner - we have been to the vet numerous times and they told me it happens because her tail was docked too short when she was a puppy! I feed her oil but sadly it does not help. Sigh. Keep squeezing I guess. FML.

Top comments

You may need to change the dog food you are feeding her. Just a suggestion. It isn't right she should have that problem.

Dogs and cats tails are part of their spinal cord. When it is docked too short, the spinal cord became a bit mutated and can put pressure on the rectum, making it hard to poop. My cat is a manx so she naturally has to tail. Because on that her rectum is deformed and I have to help her poop sometimes. Two vets have told me that.

Comments

How exactly do you squeeze crap out of a dog?

Dodge4x4Ram 46

take her to a veterinary ASAP,,, this feels like this has been said

Umm maybe you should go to the vet and get some doggy laxatives!

Wizardo 33

Maybe try out some laxatives made specifically for dogs and wet dog food, that is sure to help.

salazara 10

It could be hypothyroidism. Try giving the dog a mild laxative and then take it out for walkies. How I hate dogs......

salazara 10

43 - Stalking is a criminal offence!

salazara 10

#66 - is that why you took some time out to reply to my comments? you. know why right? it's because I'm worth it! Oh and I don't mind getting thumbed down - you see I don't take this site as seriously as you do ;)

sneeze_watch 19

Canned pumpkin is a good natural laxative for a dog. Still should see a vet though.

Elfses 10

Actually pumpkin helps firm up, I've seen it cure diarrhea so quickly so many times.

Wittledinosaure 7

I agree with everyone else. You shouldn't have to do that. Something is obviously not right, take her to the vet and get her some help.

Sinistra_Blue 12

That sounds like a shi....very unfortunate situation, OP.

Sometimes it can be as simple as your dog is not getting enough water, or has the wrong food. I would still take the dog into the vet though to check things out.