By Anonymous - 24/02/2010 04:22 - United States

Today, I had to file for bankruptcy because my ex-wife didn't want to pay for the house she didn't want me to have in the divorce, and didn't bother to have my name removed from the loan before she filed bankruptcy herself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 864
You deserved it 3 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

isn't there anything you can do legally? bankruptcy really ruins your credit, she ought to be responsible for that

Comments

Dumbass... she can't "remove your name" from the loan. When you originally signed the loan papers, you made a deal with the bank funding the loan. THEY have to remove your name from the papers... your wife can't. And the bank won't... why should they? The only way to properly handle this in a divorce is to stipulate that your wife has to refinance in her name only... so the old loan with your name on it is paid off. If you didn't include this stipulation in your divorce agreement, then you had a moron for an attorney... whether you hired one or you acted on your own. Consider it an expensive life lesson, and look on the bright side: now you're much better prepared to deal with your next divorce.

^^^^ This! You need to go give your shitty lawyer a swift kick in the jimmies.

YDI - I agree it sucks, but isn't something important like taking your name off of the title to the house you just lost something important you may wanna remember when going through a divorce. Especially knowing she didn't want you to have it, and she got it!!!

Congratulations on blaming your ex for something that is YOUR responsibility to take care of.

He can now take her to court for contempt if she was required in the divorce decree to continue payments and/or refinance.

SHE didn't bother having your name removed from the house? I'm thinking there should be some personal responsibility here. Why didn't YOU make sure your name was removed?

I just called that number, your mom said she is going to kill you. hahahaha.

I had to do this... I had to sign for my name to be removed... Unless this is super early in the divorce I don't know why you wouldnt have done the same.. My ex had to get a new loan in his name... Oh well it all sucks and she is obviously a ****.

fmlxxxx 0

Wow. I ******* hate bitches like that. "I can't have the house so you can't have it either".

That's the fu*king you get for the Fu*king you got!!