This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Don't Want a Ring On It - 05/08/2016 21:06

Today, I had to be the one to leave my fiancé. He thinks I'm the bad guy, and I'm at fault. His addiction(s) and irrational crazy behavioral issues couldn't possibly be the reasons. So glad I racked up a therapy bill to figure out really I'm fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 194
You deserved it 267

Top comments

I can completely relate. I left my most recent ex because I caught him stealing money from me to buy drugs and was saying he was paying our bills when he actually wasnt. I found out after coming across all the shut off notices and eviction notices from our landlord... somehow I am the bad guy for leaving and I was just "using" him....

Better to rack up the bill now instead of after you married to him and it took a year of therapy from what sounds like him attempting to gaslight you.

Comments

I can completely relate. I left my most recent ex because I caught him stealing money from me to buy drugs and was saying he was paying our bills when he actually wasnt. I found out after coming across all the shut off notices and eviction notices from our landlord... somehow I am the bad guy for leaving and I was just "using" him....

stay away man. my sister was in a 9 year relationship with a crazy now she's all kinds of ****** up.

Better to rack up the bill now instead of after you married to him and it took a year of therapy from what sounds like him attempting to gaslight you.

It sounds like we almost married the same guy! Glad you're out of that aswell!

jcash52426 5

At least you tried to fix the relationship instead of giving up. But yes after a while you just have to walk away.

I don't fault you for leaving if you have to but Why'd you say yes, only to walk away now? You should've said no and walked away then!

Maybe things didn't come to light until after the proposal was accepted? Or maybe they had been working on things and he had improved enough that OP felt it was okay to accept, but then he regressed/relapsed. Or maybe the fact that people very well might have shamed or attacked OP for declining him? There's plenty of reasons.