By Screwed - 16/03/2009 03:38 - United States

Today, I had one of the worst panic attacks in years. I was worried nobody cared about me and that I had completely messed up my life. I was hyperventilating and crying hysterically. My mom walked by my room, looked at me, and said, "If you're going to make those noises, at least shut the door." FML
I agree, your life sucks 217 250
You deserved it 30 394

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is your mother unaware of the fact that you have panic attacks?

Comments

Imo, stop worrying, it's only going to make life suck more.

go get educated...I'm tired of people who've never experienced panic or anxiety say "JUST CHEER UP", "STOP BEING A DOWNER", "DON'T THINK SO MUCH" its a neurological pathology. meaning, people do not CONTROL it. It happens--ABSENT of their consent. Its our primal flight or fight responses literally raping our senses. Who, do you really think, if they could fully control it, would not halt panic or anxiety problems? Personally, mine used to be crippling. I've gotten better but I STILL struggle. and sometimes it's just the anxiety (I have learned to halt my panic attacks) that gets me...that sick, terrifying feeling I used to get before the attacks. Sometimes that's just a hurdle to get past to do ANYTHING. Don't talk about things of which you do not understand. Sorry OP. I feel you. And I know how much that hurt...I really hope you find the strength to use that to propel you to move forward and feel free to use "FMM(om)" as a mantra to keep you moving forward. And I know you think you're weak because you have the issues mentioned, but I also know that since most people would crumble into nothing from them, you're going to be O.K....it's something I had to believe myself...though I have my bad days...and feel free to have those, take a rest and such, but get up sooner than later, nawmean?

Call a kids help line or something, but do not expect others to do it for you. Sounds to me like you are emo more than anything.

Apparently a lot of you don't know what a panic attack is.. :P http://lmgtfy.com/?q=panic+attack+wikipedia OP: perhaps it's time for a good old serious talk with mum?

haha wowww. do you take your meds? ...your name wouldn't happen to be ashley, would it?

Sunrox 4

Another asshole in the comments...

Parents definitely have a tendency to do that. It doesn't mean they don't care, but when their kid is throwing a fit, trust me they cant stand it after a few years, and when ur a teen it aint cute anymore. You're lucky, my parents used to smack me out of those lol. you'll learn to deal with both in time :) btw theres always some1 out there who cares about u. u'd be surprised.

_sourside 0

i used to get panic attacks too, and people are being so insensitive about it. its a horrible, horrible thing and i am sorry you had to go through it, especially alone. was she aware you are having one? maybe she thought you were just crying, which is completely different then a panic attack. whatever happens, you have not completely messed up your life. everything will be alright... think of all those other things you used to worry about years ago, and look at your life now. i'm sure they seem like nothing now. take care of yourself.

Should have just smoked some weed. That would have sorted you out. And chilled out your bitch of a mother

i think that your mother might not appreciate the full gravity of the situation. her reaction sounds as though she just dismissed your behaviour as acting out - you should talk to her.