By Sadwife - 06/10/2016 17:36 - United States - Pardeeville

Today, I had my wedding at 11 a.m. so that I could spend a lot of time with my friends and family. Everyone left within 4 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 132
You deserved it 1 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Typically guests don't want to make a wedding (or most any event for that matter) an all day affair, so don't feel too badly, OP.

Wedding guests often don't plan to stay too long because they feel the newlyweds will want some alone time together. At least they came out for your special day, and you got to see them and then spend some time with your new spouse!

Comments

I'm assuming with an 11am wedding, you fed them lunch. If you wanted them to stay the whole day, yet they left by 3pm, I'm also assuming that you weren't feeding them dinner. I wouldn't stay all day and evening either.

In America, most wedding receptions don't go past a few hours. It is not common to make it an all day event. Heck, most celebrations don't go on for a full day. I am not sure why you are so surprised, seeing as you are from the States too. Most people have things and lives to take care of and don't usually put them on hold. So it is neither YDI and FYL.

Don't be discouraged OP focus on your spouse and the Union you've just created. Don't get caught up in politics..poor Guy if you ask me I can see it know bride pouting lol ? making him feel like he doesn't matter .. just sayin

Guess that means more time with your new spouse!

Hey, four hours is still a pretty long time, all things considered. And at least you got to enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening with your new spouse. One-on-one time is important, too. ;)

YDI. People don't generally want to be at a wedding all day, and if it's a big one, you can't get real time with that many people. It's up to you to make time for them.

corky1992 33

i understand wanting to spend a lot of time with them on your special day but 11am is early for a wedding in my opinion and honestly wouldnt want to spend my entire day there. i hope you had a great time regardless though. Spend time with your new hubby and maybe go out with friends and new hubby again later in the evening. :)

Seriously. Who wants to close out a venue when you've been there since 11am.

I guess we wait for your spouse's submission "I just got married and my bride would rather spend her wedding day with her friends and family than with me, FML"