By smileydays - 29/01/2014 03:09 - Canada - Merritt

Today, I had an oral English exam to present in front of three teachers. Halfway through, I completely lost my voice. They failed me because they thought I was trying to play a prank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 795
You deserved it 3 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nolimit2217 32

Should have finished the presentation via interpretive dance!

Go to a doctor and get a cert to prove you were not faking. It can happens for different reasons: a bug, stress, etc.

Comments

Happened to me once too. Of the 15 minutes I had, my voice was completely gone by the 7th minute. No amount of coughing helped, and I had to continue till the end in some weird hissing-whispering sounds that probably just can't be replicated... Luckily, the teacher believed me and gave me a B. I do agree though - run to the doctor while you still have this and get a note.

kingdomgirl94 29

that happened to me and I struggled through it, and the teacher still thought it was a joke between me and my partner, despite almost coughing up a lung. She gave me a 61 for that... maybe its something old people used to do when they were kids to be funny? My teacher was really old... 70 something...

Wizardo 33

Should use some sign language cos if that happened to me I know a few hundred signs I would want to throw at them...

KB616 11

Rusty voice happens. Hot liquids are good to drink to prepare your voice ahead of time, and water is always great to sip, even during a presentation.

like what #20 said. i would say have a hot tea with honey, OP. that's always helped me when i lose my voice

bethylh95 11

Same thing happened to me in the middle of a business presentation. Stress really messes with your mind/body

if you are in middle or high school get your parents involved. if your in college, talk to someone with authority i guess...

That stinks, OP. I know how you feel. I'm so scared, my teacher has to read my report for me.

horizontalline 18

What kind of school do you go to where not speaking during an oral exam is considered a prank?