By Smittynumerouno - 28/10/2016 03:13 - United States - Amarillo

Today, I had an old man yell in my face because the boxes in our store only had Spanish words on them. I spent 15 minutes apologizing and trying to explain that the English was on the back side. He stormed out before I could even show him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 824
You deserved it 917

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I applaud your patience, but that guy had no interest in what you had to say. Older folks in border states tend to be extremely bitter about ANY reminders of the local immigrants. One time a guy ranted at me for 5 min straight about the Spanish side of a box after he had ALREADY READ the English side. He was just offended that the Spanish was there at all. "The hell is this gobbledygook all over the side, why the hell should I have to look at it?! I'm an American goddammit, DO I LOOK LIKE I SPEAK TACO??!!!"

Why did it take you fifteen minutes to turn a box around?

Comments

As an American, you would think he understood that Spanish is a main language for many territories that belong to the US, as well as, there are more to the America's than the US. People like that are just genuinely jerks and ignorant. Instead of apologizing should have shown him a map..

Why did it take over 15 minutes to turn the box around?

YDI or more the store deserves it. Just like a mexican doesn't want to come into a store and try and read something in english I don't want to come into a store and try and read something in spanish on a product I'm trying to find. Part of the product should of had the english part forward and the other part should of had the spanish part forward. And for all you saying "I'm not surprised this happened in Texas" Not all Texans are racist but you don't understand how it feels to have yourself surrounded by people most likely here illegally and squawking at you in a different language expecting you to understand them because how dare I not understand their foreign language in MY country?! If you are going to move to another country learn the language of that country! Just like if I move to Italy I would learn italian or if I moved to France I would learn french. Don't move to another country and expect them to learn your language.

"Not all Texans are racist but you don't understand how it feels to have yourself surrounded by people most likely here illegally and squawking at you in a different language expecting you to understand them because how dare I not understand their foreign language in MY country?!" Yep, that's pretty racist. Assuming the because someone is brown and speaks Spanish, they're an illegal. "If you are going to move to another country learn the language of that country! Just like if I move to Italy I would learn italian or if I moved to France I would learn french. Don't move to another country and expect them to learn your language." America doesn't have an official language. And living in a border state, multiple languages will be common. Your intolerance is astounding.

Actually Texas was a part of Mexico before America took it.

That logic is SO flawed! Thats like me being offended because the instructions are in more than one language for my microwave! Freaking rediculous man..

Did he have an orange face and a dumpy looking toupée

This customer must be trump supporter

Why would you even apologize? Just flip it over and say "Here ya go." That's what I'd do. Why did you waste those 15 minutes when you could've been productive?

pacman490 21

I hope the world doesn't move too fast for me when I get old

I don't blame him. Spanish is an ugly language, IMO. So just the fact that it's on there at all ruins it, regardless if english is on there or not.

You couldn't have shown him in that 15 minutes you were apologizing?

How dare you sir, that box was cleary marked for sale only to non-racist, nose-breathers that can accomplish tasks involving more than one logical deduction. The shame...