By msj137 - 17/07/2009 07:25 - United States

Today, I had a softball tournament which also landed on my birthday. My dad had to leave town for work, so he left me a card on my night stand. Instead of a happy birthday, all it said was 'Don't mess up the game for everyone'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 145
You deserved it 2 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're lucky, he'll stay right where he is. Away. Sorry that your dad is a prick. Unless of course he plans to call you later and say 'haha, I was joking sweety' We shall see, Mr. Prick. We shall see...

thatsucks42 4

Probably not, but your grammar does.

Comments

That's an awful thing to do. I'll sing you a Happy Birthday song!

So dad forgot your birthday. Should remind him. Old people forget you know.

pepper2394 0

Most people that play softball are not gay. I agree with #14.

Just don't turn up at the game. Blame your father for it and tell all his friends it was his fault you didn't play. Sorted!

If he had to leave for work, chances are the birthday slipped his mind. There's a lot of stress involved with business trip, so maybe..I don't know. I'm not trying to excuse what he did, just find an explanation. I don't want to accept that your father would purposely overlook your birthday. Also, I'm sure in his mind he thought he was being encouraging. I don't know if you're a girl or not, but my dad grew up with 5 brothers and then got stuck with 2 daughters. He's a little harsher than he should be sometimes, because it's the way he always had to be with his brothers. Happy birthday though hon! I hope you kick ass at that game!!

visage 0

FYL... but the obvious question is, "Did you F it up for everyone else???"

Your dad probably forgot your bday. big deal.

quivx 7

Bday or not, that was still really mean.

Hmm... It sounds like there's more to this story. What kind of kid are you? I have trouble believing anybody can just be a prick for no reason. Then again people suck.