By Suicidal - 20/12/2009 22:40 - Australia

Today, I had a mental breakdown after going through severe depression for several years. I told my boyfriend that everybody thinks I'm useless, to which he replied, "No you're not. You cook me good dinners." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 080
You deserved it 7 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think cooking good dinners is better than being a crappy cook, nice work!

LegndNikko 0

You have a boyfriend. Why were you depressed?

Comments

Maybe he was trying to make you smile? My man cracks jokes like that when I'm depressed, then goes "Made ya laugh!" and it helps.

oh_dee 0

okay, so the whole being depressed thing sucks a lot, but like everyone else said it really sounds like he's giving you a compliment by saying you cook him good dinners. since i am a terrible cook i'd totally accept that. sure, he could have said a lot more about your worth, but it sounds like he was also trying to be funny. and come on, you have a boyfriend while so many people can't find one! be appreciative that he hasn't left you and cares enough about you to stick by your side through your depression. it's the little things that count...you don't need a million friends to be happy because most of them will not be there through thick and thin anyway.

Only a feminazi would find this offensive.

WOW. Everyone saying he's trying to give her a compliment, honestly? There's so many comments on this site that are telling people to be grateful for really crappy things like this. He's NOT giving her a compliment, he's telling her that all she's worth is good cooking. Why is it so hard to just feel bad for OP rather than bitch about how great she has it.

Today you had a mental breakdown, but were still able to find time to post about it on FML. You deserve it!

Seander 0

Um thats dumb he gave you a compliment to the statement of you being useless, a good cook is exactly that a good cook hence not being useless,

Well that's what you're main purpose is...besides sex. Why did the woman cross the road? Who cares, what's she doing out of the kitchen?

divinesecreat 0

look all u people are jack asses get a life!

I'm suicidal too :( oh btw don't listen to the hating comments, there just lazy sexist wana be frat boys