By Anonymous - 04/02/2013 07:12 - United States - Bliss

Today, I had a half-hour conversation with my parents about going to college. I don't know what's worse, that they were trying to talk me out of it or that they're convinced that I'm going to get knocked up and drop out by the end of my freshman year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 997
You deserved it 3 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't you just love it when your parents are supportive.

hahatofunny 20

Ignore them and go to college, it the best time of your life.

Comments

Hey, at least you can't let them down because they already expect the worst.

Hey you listen to your parents. You're gonna put on your big girl pants and work at Hooters just like everybody else.

Don't listen to them. Do what you think it's right. Most of the time, that people that underestimate us are the ones that were underestimated, gave up and failed to active their goal, therefore trying to make others fail.

Hopefully you didn't do anything to influence them to believe these horrible things about you. Prove them wrong. This is not something they can decide for you. This is a very serious, life changing decision. If you do act like the fear you will, then it's time to grow up and get serious! Have a blast in college. I doubt you will regret choosing to go.

Steve95401 49

You're smart enough to go to college and, hopefully, smart enough to good choices about friends at college, your social life, etc.

Well you show them then. Get knocked up your Junior year, start a day care center at the school, and drop out as a Senior. Take that Mom and Dad.

Idaho parents thinking they might have an-- I d' ho daughter?

perdix 29

Without knowing your grades, test scores and sexual escapades, I can't tell. If you are smart and slutty, it's the first; but if you are dumb and chaste, it's the second. If you are a dumb ****, then it doesn't matter which is worse, because college would just be a waste of money. Of course, if you are smart and are careful about sex, your parents are just assholes. Please fill us in with the necessary info, so we can pass judgment on your query.

They probably just don't want you to leave, just ignore their comments and focus on going to college.

Sometimes you should just smile and nod and pretend to listen to your parents. This is one of those times. Go to college!