By lexithepirate - 27/07/2012 09:24 - United States

Today, I had a doctor's appointment. I left with referrals to both a dermatologist and a mental health professional. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 905
You deserved it 2 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

VooDooCarrie91 19

I know that skin conditions also take a toll on your self esteem. Hang in here, OP.

Comments

The chain reaction has started... When you go to these doctors, they refer you to more doctors who will refer you to specialists and so on. There will be a lot of referring going on in your future!!

TxCountryBeauty 10

"what kind?".... "the maple kind eh!"

shawnaishere 14

Did your terrible acne drive you crazy?

Not FYL life at all! You went to see a professional and they're steering you towards people who can help you with your problems. This is the healthy way for things to happen!

Unfortunately OP might not see it that way until they're prepared to accept that there is a problem (if indeed there is one and OP's doctor isn't just being... Uh, really really thorough and broad in his diagnoses?). Can't be helped if they're still in denial that there are no issues. Then again it might not have been something they ever thought of as being 'wrong' or outside of the realm of what other people consider normal.

Even if OP isn't ready for it, it's still a step in the right direction. This is given the information we have and without extrapolating in a million directions without having additional info. And if OP isn't ready, all she has to do is do nothing about the referrals.

Agreed, that's what doctors do: refer patients to specialists if they can't treat a problem themselves. Seems weird that the OP is upset about getting help.

OP is in the US, where lots of people don't have health insurance, or good insurance. OP may be concerned about paying for the care, on top of everything else.

At least you didn't get referred to a hemorrhoids doctor.

I'm interested in what OP went in for in the first place to end up with that combo deal.

perdix 29

Get a second opinion from DocBastard. He'll tell you the truth, but he'll be a bastard about it ;)

"Now get your crazy pimply ass outta my office!" *sweeps stacks of paper off desk, throws manilla folder at OP*

It's not that weird. My peditrician referred me to a cardiologist and a psychologist just because I was having issues with stress and anxiety and heart pains I was having. Going to see a psychologist doesn't mean you're crazy; therapists are needed for a wide range of things.

I was once referred to a mental hospital. I was coocoo for cocoa puffs! Oh man, it's starting again!! Who could resis...I'M COOCOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!!! *bounces off walls*

**** COCOA PUFFS. I LIKE CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH. THE TASTE YOU CAN SEE, BEYOTCH.

BUCKLE YOUR NOSE! I swear tucan Sam doesn't even know what's going on, or maybe that was me every time I saw a FruitLoops commercial.

A twofer for just the cost of one co-pay! Good deal!

OP went in and told the doctor she felt like her skin was crawling. The Dr. didn't know whether to take her figuratively or literally...