By captainwhiskers - 23/02/2016 12:48 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I had a concert. At the end, my conductor was recognizing soloists. When he pointed at me, I was confused, but stood up anyway. It turns out he was pointing at the person behind me. I had to awkwardly sit back down in front of over 500 people. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 869
You deserved it 6 047

captainwhiskers tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. Thank you so much for voting for this. So after my conductor pointed at me, I pointed to myself, and he nodded. Apparently the person behind me did the exact same thing. He was alright with it and looking back, it's actually pretty funny. Thanks

Top comments

DrProfessor777 16

You weren't really in tune with what was going on, were you?

Should've laughed and acted like it was a big joke

Comments

You knew you weren't a soloist though, didn't you?

Hey guys, OP here. Thank you so much for voting for this. So after my conductor pointed at me, I pointed to myself, and he nodded. Apparently the person behind me did the exact same thing. He was alright with it and looking back, it's actually pretty funny. Thanks

I feel you, the same exact thing happened to me once with a teacher outside of the classroom, when she mean't a student behind me. :x

There's a you're unlucky button? By the way I was saying what are the chances that OP and the person behind them point to themselves? Unlucky if you ask me.

Yeah. I hate it when someone waves and you wave back, only to find they were waving at someone behind you.

Yeah, that's pretty awkward. Don't worry though, I doubt anyone will remember it that significantly.

Are you serious, OP? What an awful time leap to the front of the stage, moon the entire audience, then grab the nearest tuba, and start knocking people over with it screaming, "WINTERFELL!" What the hell came over you? Oh, you mean all you did was quietly stand up and sit back down? Well, in that case, I think you're good then. No one will remember that.

This was honestly the funniest comment I've ever read. I literally cried of laughter.

Jim, is that you? You promised you wouldnt tell

What do you play? I have a orchestra concert for cello tonight.

Awesome. I also play cello. Good luck tonight :)

Cellos are beautiful instruments, I'm learning how to play! Although my heart always sticks with the viola. Unappreciated. My very first instrument.

AliGInTheHouse 24

Cello is my main and favourite instrument.

Well, it was a failure. Preparing myself for fingers in my face tomorrow... Thx for the response tho :)

That happen to me in choir. Don't worry about it, just play it off. Then when you get home cry yourself to sleep from the embarrassment. ; n ;

Hey guys, doesn't really concern the FML here, but I have a problem and I want your help. Today I learned that my ex-girlfriend had an affair (when we were still together) with a good friend of mine (and her). That friend also (still) has a girlfriend and she does'nt know about the whole mess. I consider her a good friend as well and I really want to tell her, but it's been over two years now that it happened. Should I tell her anyway? Basically (to make things clear for you), we're all used to be good friends, but now that changed and I really want that she learns about her ******** of a boyfriend! Thanks for reading :)

Search your feelings... And now I can't remember the rest of what Darth says, it's been a long day. But you get the gist, should apply.