By Hungry - 27/12/2013 14:01 - United States - Appleton

Today, I got written up at work for clocking back in from lunch early. Yesterday I got a verbal warning for coming back late. I'm scared to go to lunch at all now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 887
You deserved it 4 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try and be right on time is the only advice I can offer.

Jeez, is he trying to keep the office in lockdown or something?

Comments

That's kinda ridiculous, sounds like the only way to avoid screwing yourself over is to bring something yourself.

Sounds like Walmart. This has happened to my friends who worked there.

stacey2570 21

How hard is it to follow the rules? At my job you get a 30min lunch break if you work more than 5 hours in a shift. If you clock out at 2pm then clock back in at 2:30. If you clock in too early then it's a violation. They have to give you a break by law & they're trying to stay out of trouble. Coming back late isn't acceptable. I pack a lunch because it's hard to go out for lunch & still have time to eat.

Companies dont have to give breaks and lunch depends on state guidelines and how long your shift is. That is a common misconception.

skyttlz 32

In Washington it's the law to allow a 15 minute meal break if the employees work for over 5 hours. My towns Dairy Queens closed because the owner was making teens work over 40 hours a week and with no breaks.

they cant fire you for coming in early keep that up.

crazytwinsmom 25

If you clock back in early, then it looks they didn't give you a legal length break. The company gets in trouble for that.

Stick up for yourself & tell your boss that's bullcrap!

jazzy_123 20

oh yes talk back to the person who permits you to bring food to your home. Some people don't understand that you don't **** with those who have authority over you.

REALAfroninga 11

It's not bullcrap. Employers are required BY LAW to give the employees a break when x amount of hours are worked, so clocking in early, causes your employer to break the law.

Whenever I go to costco I see a bunch of employees standing by their clocking machine just waiting for the time to change to the right time.

juarezj96 12

Some people are so stupid and annoying at work

At my work, we've had a new thing where the time limit is 30 mintues EXACTLY. Clock out and clock back in exactly a half an hour later. For hour lunches, it's also exact. The hard part is remembering when you clocked off to the second.

Why? Is the lawyer going to clock in and out for them? That seems like an expensive way to have lunch.

That's the funniest thing I have read! Haha

Sorry bud, can't believe such ppl still exist to make others life miserable...