By Devotedmom - 10/01/2016 09:07 - Belgium - Li?ge

Today, I got up at 5 am to bake a surprise birthday cake for my 16-year-old son. I put the cake on the table and went to call my son. "Surprise!" When I came back 30 seconds later, the cake was all gone and the dog was licking his lips. My son won't even believe I made a cake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 046
You deserved it 3 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelm1290 23

The empty mess on the table clearly showing a dog got into the cake seems like legitimate evidence.

Comments

Brighton_Cruz 20

Aw sorry OP. I'm sure he'll one day realise how great you are.

askullnamedbilly 33

WHY do people on FML keep leaving their food alone with pets lately? Maybe I'm paranoid because I've always had labs (who will eat anything even remotely resembling food), but I always check two or three times that the dog has no way of getting into the room where I've left my food.

welsh_dragon 13

Exactly! My cat is like a ninja so I’m extra careful and quick if I have to leave my food. She stole a piece of bacon out of my sandwich as I was lifting it to my mouth!

I guess dogs really like cake and cinnamon buns

You were probably gone longer than 30 seconds.. Your dog would choke and die at that rate. I have a Great Dane and even he couldn't finish a whole cake in 2 minutes (trust me, I know from experience XD) But sorry OP, better luck next time, hopefully your son still had a great birthday :)

HeadlessSparrow 20

Was it the same dog that ate the cinnamon rolls?

That must be the least messy eating dog ever

bryce0110 23

Hey, it's my birthday too! Happy birthday to your son!

What if... Your son ate the cake and made it look like the dog.

im suprise you didn't have the dog follow you in to wake him mostly for his birthday