By mamaflower - 19/08/2013 08:03 - Australia - Baulkham Hills

Today, I got to watch how easy it is to break into my flat, after I locked myself out and went to my neighbour for help. He used a blunt pencil. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 192
You deserved it 3 719

mamaflower tells us more.

Just so you know, I live in a council estate so I always figured my neighbour would be able to break in if he wanted. It was just a shocked to see how easy it was. And I can't change the locks with out going through a big pile of paper work and waiting for permission. So much hassle. Any way thanks for the funny comments =)

Top comments

TheDoctor10 28

You might want to invest in some better locks...

Sinistra_Blue 12

Still better than District 9 housing. Don't have to deal with as many aliens where you are, OP.

Comments

If I were you, I'd probably look for better locks ASAP. Sorry about that OP.

WompWompWomp123 7

Curious as to how he figured that out so easily? I know I wouldn't have tried a pencil first.

martin8337 35

Has experience in picking locks .

He would know he can use a blunt pencil eh? SUSPECT!

whathefuckislife 11

I think it's quite possible that lockpicking is just a skill he has. I know that there are YouTube videos on how to pick locks with different things, and I'm familiar with the method of picking locks with bobby pins as a fourteen year old girl. His neighbor may have had a long time to perfect his 'craft'. However, OP should take precautions.

I wouldn't trust your neighbor. You better buy new better unhackable locks.

perdix 29

I'm guessing this isn't the first time your neighbor has used this trick. I'll bet he stands over you and watches you sleep every night.

Epikouros 31

"I was sleepwalking, officer! I didn't touch the girl. Do you know how easy it is to break into these apartments?"

perdix 29

Yes, claim you were on Ambien which has been known to cause sleep-sleepwatching.

Get a new lock before it's too late. Consider it a beneficial warning

ur neighbour must be a magician ;-)

Think I wouldn't be asking that neighbor to help anymore... shouldn't know a trick like that...

What a sharp idea in such a dull situation. Hopefully you take better care of your security now.