By qld - 20/12/2016 10:57 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I got sunburnt to a crisp on the first day of my holidays away. Only 5 more days to go now, spent inside, trying not to burn more. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 233
You deserved it 3 568

Same thing different taste

Top comments

writergirl1029 17

I did that when I went to Spain. Drink lots of water and lounge in the shade.

OP, I'm gonna say YDI. Sunscreen is a thing.

Comments

writergirl1029 17

I did that when I went to Spain. Drink lots of water and lounge in the shade.

try using Noxzema it pulls the burn out and will make your skin a little bit less sensitive

Put some aloe Vera on to take out the heat. your burn should turn to a tan sooner. after use some sunscreen if you are prone to burn

Get into a lukewarm bath with baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in it. It will drawout the burn and soothe your skin.

Rule #1 of being white: If you're going to be out in the sun for hours at a time without normal clothes on, wear sunscreen.

Coming from someone with porcelain white skin, I can say from experince there's this really wonderful thing called "sunscreen" and if you apply it to any visible parts of your body every couple hours while out in the sun you can avoid being burnt to a crisp and ruining your vacation with your own stupidity. YDI.

I live in Hawaii and I can't even begin to tell you how often this happens. Everyone is in such a rush to get a tan that they throw common sense out the window. I even warn them... we're closer to the equator, the sun's rays are stronger. And I'm always told, I don't burn. Yep, 8 hours later I'm outside breaking some aloe off and cutting it up for them. I know the sun is far away people. But it's still dangerous. Lather up. Protect your skin and your health.

Yeah it's like they've never heard of sunscreen

#18 I went to a social event in Queensland (where OP is) in my 20s and all the locals had brought fresh aloe with them just in case. I did put sunscreen on, but forgot to reapply and got very burnt on my shoulders. So grateful for their kindness and foresight. That goopy stuff made all the difference.

this is why there are tanning beds you need to pregame your skin don't get any more burnt bad burns are the worst thing for your skin it's the thing that's most likely to cause skin cancer eventually

So do tanning beds over time. You don't have to burn to get the skin cancer later.

Sorry mate, but you're in Australia answer should have known better. I hope by now you've discovered the soothing benefits of Aloe Vera.

I know how hot it is in Florida aswell, dad got the worse of it, and complained for the whole time we were there. We were only there for a week. He was all like "next year, we're going to iceland etc etc"