By to_complicated_4_u - 04/05/2015 16:28 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I got screamed at to the point of tears by a Starbucks employee for "giving an obviously fake name" to confuse one of the employees. I told her my real name. My name is Ian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 176
You deserved it 2 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

something tells me the Starbucks employee just can't read but i might be wrong

Don't worry, they won't get far in life by insulting others.

Comments

My name is Ian as well. Do you also have people misspelling it all the time?

Substitute teachers always call me I-an... I don't understand whats so hard about it.

where on earth do you live that Ian could be a problematic name for people to understand, spell, or pronounce correctly?!

RedPillSucks 31

just be glad your last name isn't Pollock and you live in the south.

Wow, I would seriously ask to talk to a manager, that is completely disrespectful. Even if it was fake, there's no reason for them to need to know your actual name, I'm sorry that this happened to you OP.

cryssycakesx3 22

right. maybe its a nickname.

What kind of an employee has a mental breakdown to the point of screaming at a customer for a name? I hope you filed a bad review against her

Lucky you're not named Clint... It could looks like something bad when they write it on the cup :D

Have you seen the way they spell some names? They obviously don't know anything about names. (No offense to the competent employees)

JustinJK 21

A lot of them misspell names on purpose for various reasons. Look it up. There's a funny video about it online. I always see my friends posting their misspelled names on snapchat, insta, etc. it's a form of (free) advertisement. You get grumpy about it and everyone jokes around about it, but endless amounts of people go to Starbucks. I know recently I went to my regular starbucks where they me by name and what I order. They wrote "tall blonde guy" on the cup and addressed me as that because the guy before me had the same name as me, Justin. There's methods to their madness, but the barrista OP dealt with is psychotic.

That is insane someone would think that is a fake name. And who cares if it was? No reason to yell at someone if they gave a fake name.

Just so everyone knows I actually know the person who wrote the original comment on here I commented on it to mess with him.

uchua 16

I have the same name. No one ever knows how to spell it.

My brother is an Ian and our step grandma could never spell them. My mom was with the guy for 10 years, not even once was it spelled right on presents or cards.

My name is Raven which is simple to speed but every time I go to Starbucks they not only spell it wrong it's a different spelling each time.

Raven. Ravan. Rayvaan. Rawahn. Ravin, Ravon. Raivun. Wave-in. Rave-Anne. Ravine.

smiley1014 23

I would think the word spell would be easy too, but sometimes I guess it turns into speed...

Rayven, Ravyn, Ravenn, Ravynn, Raveane, Raivin, Rayvun, Rayvin... I've seen it so many ways it's crazy!

Raven? Like the bird? That is awesome.

aishah77 21

Pretty sure they can be fired for that