By anonymous - 24/05/2016 03:41 - United States - Manchester

Today, I got put in a speech impediment class because apparently I have a lisp. No, my tongue is just swollen, and I can't talk very well because of it. I've talked normally for the past 17 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 198
You deserved it 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

dannidoll93 24

How does that even happen without someone discussing this decision with you? Even if you DID have a lisp, you might not want to do a class on it. I can't stand when people meddle in stuff that has nothing to do with them. Hope your tongue feels better soon anyway, OP.

Especially since it's implied they're at least 17...

Really? ****, I've had a speech problem and they took me out of it when I entered high school because it was a "lost cause"

How come a 17+ year old can be moved to speech impediment class against their will? And they wouldn't even take a simple explanation of a presumably visible temporary condition? Is there a higher authority you can turn to?

You have speech impediment classes? Where I come from, if you're lucky the only thing that happens if you have a lisp is that people rip the piss out of you.

wordygirl 11

I can't believe you let it get that far. You should have wrote down that it's not a permanent thing and gave it to your teacher. Lord, stand up for yourself! It doesn't seem anyone else did.

I was kicked out a higher reading class due to the fact that I have a stutter and could not make it far enough through the portion of the test where I had to read out loud.