By Yocherrypicker - 29/07/2016 01:04

Today, I got my report card. My teacher gave me an F, and under class comments she gave me a U for unsatisfactory. So I got an F U from my teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 200
You deserved it 5 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

U did a good job, your parents will be F-ing proud

Comments

How about you apply yourself and you will get better grades

How about you not assume that it's poor effort that earned OP that grade? Not everyone is book smart.

You're right, not everyone is book smart. But if you actually try then you won't make an F. The people who fail are the ones who didn't do anything.

Not necessarily. Heard of learning disabilities? One of my friends has one and it makes it extremely difficult for her to do her coursework. She tries her ass off and still gets average to poor scores because she just can't grasp things well. Not everything comes down to "try harder." The way the American school system is these days, kids can try their asses off and still fail.

Not to mention other factors that can affect a student's ability to learn or get their work done. Financial issues keeping them from being able to afford the supplies they need, having to go to a crappy school because of where they live, etc. People need to get over the outdated perception that trying harder fixes everything. It doesn't. Sometimes there are problems that "try harder" can't fix.

You said yourself that your friend with learning disabilities gets average to poor marks. That's different than failing. Seeing as this fml sounds to be in high school, at least from my experience with high school teachers, the only way to fail is not giving a shit. Most teachers are willing to meet you half way if you're really struggling, at no fault of your own, to at least help you pass (which itself could be considered a problem with public education but that's beside the point).

And you seem to not be smart at all.

The U after the F indicates the student wasn't trying. The effort was unsatisfactory. So yes, it's 100% OP's fault.

I don't think the person is saying they don't deserve it. They're not even saying they DO deserve it. They're just saying they got an F U from their teacher, and frankly that's hilarious XD

You got what you deserved because your teacher understands that fact that you are entitled to nothing in this world. You want something, work for it!

I bet your teacher gets such a kick out of that. It's her small payback for having to deal with your dumb ass all day. Study harder.

Ditto. Taught at a university for many years and never once just randomly "gave" someone a failing grade. YDI

As a teacher who has given this EXACT mark before once or twice: YDI. No real teacher would give this without first providing warnings or opportunities to turn your grade around. Teachers can not speak their mind. I will admit that it is kind of satisfying to give this combination of marks to someone who truly deserves it- but only if they really do. If your teacher is frustrated with you those feelings may actually stem from concern for your success. It is heartbreaking to watch a student reject help time and time again only to fail. A real teacher wants you to succeed. It is even more frustrating when one student with poor behavior takes learning time away from other deserving students. Seeing it on paper may be a bit jarring. In some cases, FU may be the only grade that resonates. You really should have seen it coming. Next time you are failing a class try reaching out to the teacher instead of behaving poorly.

YDI. Teachers don't give grades; students earn them. You got that F on your own.