By Anonymous - 26/07/2012 17:02 - United States - Winter Park

Today, I got my laptop back after waiting weeks for it to be fixed. It turns out that they didn't fix it; they dusted it off, held it for a few days, and sent it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 700
You deserved it 1 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

VooDooCarrie91 19

That's why I can't stand customer service!

Comments

i LITERALLY had the exact same thing some time ago. took them two months to dust it out :|

perdix 29

Did you try turning it off and turning it on again? Maybe they cleaned your mouse ball. Dirty mouse balls are the cause of many problem, and wiping them thoroughly gives you a happy mouse that is ready to perform.

I tried rolling a few old mouse balls before, but the damned things keep on rolling back up inside the mouse. Have any ideas on how to coax them out?

There are a few laptops that do have mouse balls. My first laptop was a compaq armada. no USB, no sound card, and a trackball. Very old.

unknown_user5566 26

Cheap-ass bastards. How shitty can a company be to do that with a clear conscience? I know it's hard to create waves with huge companies, but if I were you, I'd put them on blast through any avenue possible. If even a few people hear about this, it will be worth it, so that the company doesn't **** them over. Good luck OP.

VooDooCarrie91 19

26- are all the curse words necessary? It isn't like they killed OP's dog. No need to be so hostile.

Where did it say it was a big company? OP may have left it at a local computer repair shop rather than back to the manufacturer..

unknown_user5566 26

32- Technically, no, they are not necessary. I use them rather sparingly on this site, and when I do use them, it's for effect. This FML pushed my buttons because I've had a lot of my students get screwed over like this before, and I hate when people get taken advantage of. 35- I don't know that for sure, but in my experience, it's the larger companies that offer to have you send your computer in to get fixed. I made an assumption based on the information provided in the FML; since there are only 300 characters, every commenter is forced to make an assumption due to not hearing the full story.

It sounds to me like you ****** up the laptop beyond all recognition. Perhaps you should stop going to those Ukranian plushy **** sites. Those sites, like the actors in all their videos, are all infected with viruses.

Takes one to know one, Doc... I'm assuming you have been on "Ukranian Plushie **** sites", whatever those are.

*Note to self: don't make jokes when Rhysviri (or anyone else without a sense of humour) is around*

Pfft, that would mean that you'd have to refrain from posting at all because I'm a fan of yours. I'm always watching you, Doc. Always watching.

I've had that same thing done to me before. ******* BestBuy Geek Squad! I HATE YOU!!!

Say you want your money back and find someone who can actually fix it. I'm sorry OP, that's really annoying...

Michael_92 20

Was it Acer? My friend had a problem with his too, sent it to them 4 different times and they didn't fix it.

Michael_92 20

Yea technical customer service is usually a joke. A family friend just got charter and the guy that hooked it up didn't do it right. I had to go over and set it all up for her.