By Heknowsnothing - 13/07/2016 21:09 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I got my giant Game of Thrones tattoo finished. Despite the fact that I had spelt it out for him, the artist wrote 'You no nothing John Snow'. It's the focal part of the tattoo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 352
You deserved it 6 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess your tattoo artist knows nothing either.

Brilliant! With the way English is… erm, evolving, your tattoo will become more correct over time. You'll have fun explaining how it was originally misspelled to future generations using nothing but emoji.

Comments

lksdliz 9

"Giant Game of Thrones tattoo " YDI

mariri9206 32

They deserve it for not verifying the spelling before the artist starting tattooing, not because they decided to get a giant GoT tattoo. It's something they like and they're allowed to put whatever they want on their body and you really shouldn't judge them for the tattoo they get. I wouldn't ever get a GoT tattoo because, yeah, I like the show and I could even love it some point (I only had a few months of HBO and didn't have time to watch it all so I have to find a way to watch season 3-ish and beyond) but I'm aware, for me, it'd be a fad type of love and there will come a time when I don't love it anymore - I just like it - and then the tattoo would be a waste/lose its' meaning but that doesn't mean it's true for this person. They should be able get the tattoo they want with no judgement or YDIs for their tattoo choice. Bring on the downvotes (because I can imagine that's what's gonna happen here).

That's actually the first mistake I noticed.

Same here. In my defence it is very early in the morning for me.

Heres hoping there are pictures , guess next time do some research on the artist

I have several tattoos and have gotten them all at different places, and in every place they make you look in the mirror at the placement and to get the full affect of how the tattoo will look. Unless the place you went to didn't do this, I don't think it's entirely the tattoo artists fault. If it's the focal point of the tattoo, you would've noticed it on the artists sketch even. Before he puts the stencil on your skin.

I agree with what you're saying, but either way it is still the tattoo artist's fault. Op had literally spelt it out for them and they still managed to screw it up. They obviously didn't show op the stencilling or did this free hand, and if this is op's first tattoo, maybe they thought it was normal to give the drawing and let them do it free hand or something, seeing as the tattoo artist is the expert (usually) and understandably someone you would trust to know what they are doing. I agree op should've double checked, but whether he did or didn't, it's definitely still the tattoo artist's fault.

Ouch. If you got it on the cheap from a dodgy artist, YDI.

Sorry but YDI ALWAYS proofread / go over the template once they apply it

If it's a "giant" tattoo as OP stated, i'm guessing it is NOT freehand.

It depends on what you mean by Giant on how terrible that is. If it takes up your shoulder it sucks but not a ton of people will see it more than likely if it takes up your whole back/front then that sucks terrible. Sorry about the bad tattoo op it sucks but hopefully its in a place that isn't constantly disable?

thunderniron 22

Did you not look at the stencil before/after he put it and started to ink you? Part of me says ydi for not checking it. I never let my artist work on me without checking the stencil first and he's been putting ink in me for 20 yes. Smh

I feel like you should have looked at it before it was finished...